Kentan Facey analysis | The Boneyard

Kentan Facey analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Im reading a blog and the writer says that with some weight added, Facey will be one of if not the best defensive players in the Big East. I guess he blocks everything in site. I was watching videos of him and it seems like he just loves to dunk. Very rare in any of the videos I have seen does he shoot from outside the lane. The kid does look to have some amazing defensive abilities almost like Obekpa. Not sure if im allowed to post a link on here. If im allowed to ill post it. So let me know.

Reaction Score
I have seen a couple of game vidoes and with a little added muscle he will be a beast. Like any big project though, his offensive game will need to catch up with is defenisive one.

Reaction Score
He's raw but he has been quick to get pretty good at the game despite only starting 3-4 years ago.......he actually has a nice looking stroke from 12-15 and will be able to eventually add that I believe. He needs to bulk up but has some athletic gifts for sure....we'll see!!

Reaction Score
Great instincts and aggressiveness. He has the mean streak and intangibles you can't teach. High motor. He may be erratic at times; but the kid will be a force on the D end from day one.

Reaction Score
Watched his game against Carrington's team online and thought he played much better offensively than he did against St. Anthony's. Knocked down a couple 15 footers and finished strong at the rim.

Reaction Score
He has a very nice looking jumper facing up, he can do more than dunk. For whatever it's worth, in his chat the other day Amore said based on how he knows KO wants his teams to play going forward he thinks Facey starts at Center next year.

Reaction Score
The nice thing about next year is we will be deeper at the 4 and 5, and hoepefully Wolfe comes back for a little for added depth.

Reaction Score
I always worry crowning a kid before he is on campus.. specially a big guy

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think before he graduates he'll be like a Josh Boone type player. Not the best on the team, but pretty good.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Provided the guards return, his greatest value is on the D end of things. Treat any offensive production as a bonus.

caw

Reaction Score
Maybe blasphemy but he plays a bit like Okafor. I of course would be happy with half of Okafor's freshman stats. He's very skinny and shorter than Obekpa. Has good timing though.

Reaction Score
Im reading a blog and the writer says that with some weight added, Facey will be one of if not the best defensive players in the Big East. I guess he blocks everything in site. I was watching videos of him and it seems like he just loves to dunk. Very rare in any of the videos I have seen does he shoot from outside the lane. The kid does look to have some amazing defensive abilities almost like Obekpa. Not sure if im allowed to post a link on here. If im allowed to ill post it. So let me know.
Which BE? I am thrilled Facey is on board...in our BE he should lead the nation in blocked shots as a freshman.

Reaction Score
He's not as fluid as okafor; more explosive, athletic. He's very good at coming out of nowhere on D

Reaction Score
Amore said based on how he knows KO wants his teams to play going forward he thinks Facey starts at Center next year.

Can anyone shed some light on this? What sort of identity does KO want for his team?

Reaction Score

Comment From Hugh
Who do you think will start at the 5 in the fall? Olander, Brimah? maybe Facey? I can't really see TO holding on to it.

11:47

Dom Amore:
I think Facey, because he is so quick and runs the floor so relentlessly. he'd be a big guy who can fit in with the way Kevin Ollie wants to play

Reaction Score
Can anyone shed some light on this? What sort of identity does KO want for his team?

He wants us to play like JC's 90-95 teams, basically like the teams he played on. Running, pressing, Facey fits that mold due to his ability to rebound and block shots, thus triggering the break. He can also get out ahead of other bigs and beat them down the floor on the offensive end.

Reaction Score
I've seen a bunch of people describe Facey as raw, when he really isn't. At least not compared to a lot of big men coming out of high school. His face-up jumper is really good, he's an adequate passer and he has terrific patience when he gets the ball on the low block.

College is obviously a different planet than high school, but I expect Facey to at least hold his own offensively next year.

Reaction Score
I agree with UConn990411.

I was beginning to wonder what everyone's definition of "raw" or "project" was..

caw

Reaction Score
He's not as fluid as okafor; more explosive, athletic. He's very good at coming out of nowhere on D

Exact opposite if anything. He is much more fluid than Okafor as a freshman, runs smoother and can actually put the ball on the floor a bit. He is currently skinnier, similar explosiveness.

Reaction Score
Assuming everyone is back minus Evans and Wolf, the way this team is made up we dont need a big guy to average double figures in points. If one of them averages around 10 points thats great but i think they could make more of a contribution on defense. If we get 10-12 PPG out of Olander, Nolan, Facey, and Brimah combined but we get close to 40 rebounds from them per game then i would sign up for that.

Reaction Score
I'd be thrilled if he can rebound, and maybe block a few shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom