Kemba on the move..... | The Boneyard

Kemba on the move.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
am just curious, did anyone have an idea on salary numbers?

Reaction Score
Historically, not a successful club. But they are in the top-tier French basketball league and won the French Basketball Cup this spring. They also beat a strong Maccabi Tel Aviv squad that featured Jalen Adams in the quarterfinals of the EuroLeague Championships. I’m sure Kemba will be paid well, and as others have mentioned, Monaco is not a bad spot to live!

Reaction Score
Feels like he's worth a vet minimum to serve as a locker room guy, but seems like a pretty good spot to land!

Wonder if him and Shabazz will ever play each other? Not sure how European leagues work

Reaction Score
hopefully his knees hold up, he had that game for the Mavericks where he played 40 mins including OT and then was cooked right afterwards

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Much like many people in America.
I ran into an actual adult American at a party this week who had no idea New Mexico is an American state when i mentioned liking Santa Fe on a trip west. No joke.
I didn’t say “wow”’i think.

Reaction Score
The Ligue 1 is one of the highest paying leagues in the world, and AS Monaco is one of the biggest contributors to that status. The average player salary in AS Monaco is €2,565,789 and the yearly wage bill for all the players combined is €48,750,000. Which makes them the 2nd highest paying club in the Ligue 1.

Reaction Score
I ran into an actual adult American at a party this week who had no idea New Mexico is an American state when i mentioned liking Santa Fe on a trip west. No joke.
That’s surprisingly common. My wife is from NM and we’re disappointed on a regular basis.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That’s surprisingly common. My wife is from NM and we’re disappointed on a regular basis.
Hmm, there must be a message in that somewhere. The person I mentioned thought it was part of Mexico.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geography, even American geography, isn't Americans greatest strength. I once had a Midwestern friend ask me which state is "New England" because he looked for it and couldn't find it on a map.

Reaction Score
Shabazz also staying in Europe?
Jalen Adams too. He just moved on from Maccabi Tel Aviv and signed with Turk Telekom of the Turkish Super League. There’s a possibility they could all be playing against each other in EuroLeague Championship games. Boat plays for BC Parma in the top tier Russian League, which FIBA has suspended from EuroLeague play since the Ukrainian invasion. So, these guys won’t be playing against Boat.

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams too. He just moved on from Maccabi Tel Aviv and signed with Turk Telekom of the Turkish Super League. There’s a possibility they could all be playing against each other in EuroLeague Championship games. Boat plays for BC Parma in the top tier Russian League, which FIBA has suspended from EuroLeague play since the Ukrainian invasion. So, these guys won’t be playing against Boat.
Jalen is playing on the same team as Steven Enoch again, which is cool. But Turk Telekom isn't in EuroLeague.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember a road trip to Ohio State for BB and my post-game attempt at wittily chating with a woman Buckeye. I mentioned (truthfully) that someone had just asked me "if Connecticut was near New England." And she said, "It is, isn't it?" Since then I've pretty much assumed that the rest of the country is Connecticut-illiterate. I think it's hurting us now.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I remember a road trip to Ohio State for BB and my post-game attempt at wittily chating with a woman Buckeye. I mentioned (truthfully) that someone had just asked me "if Connecticut was near New England." And she said, "It is, isn't it?" Since then I've pretty much assumed that the rest of the country is Connecticut-illiterate. I think it's hurting us now.
You should have told her that the state of Ohio still makes an annual payment to the state of Connecticut for concession of the Western Reserve; a large track of land in northeast Ohio that includes Cleveland. The payments are small because, well, the land in question includes Cleveland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom