Kellie Harper | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kellie Harper

Reaction Score
I was impressed with how Kellie Harper's team compares with teams under Holly. Games of previous years (with Holly teams) were unwatchable for a variety of reasons. Harper has turned the program around. I think they mentioned Rae Burrell during the game, as player who felt inspired by the new coach. Both the offense and the defense seem radically changed in good ways.

There have been games in the AAC over the previous years, where I saw opposing players being unnecessarily physical with UCONN players to the point of causing harm. I didn't see that in this game. However Tennessee fans behave, I saw the Tennessee players playing a clean physical game. I saw many players of both sides helping opponents off the floor after a scramble. I was also impressed with the competitiveness Harper has instilled in her team.

Reaction Score
Traditionally, on our Board, a lot of posters have been so mired in Tennessee hatred that they were blind to how great the rivalry once was for women's basketball. The dismal results achieved by UT under Holly Warlick obviously took a lot of the edge off the prospect of that rivalry, which was a shame in terms of the overall health of the sport. Admittedly, this game should not have been as close as it was, but I was highly impressed by UT's play. What Kellie is doing with a once-storied program is pretty terrific, and she's doing it with class. The example she's setting should be welcome news to all who are envisioning an inevitable post-Geno era in Storrs.

If I can successfully post Kellie's post-game presser below, the class she brings to the game will be readily apparent. I ardently hope for UT's return to greatness and an annual home-and-home series with packed stands in both arenas.

Well said. I listened to it and thought to myself, she sounds like a younger Pat Summitt. She made no excuses, gave the opposition credit, pointed out her team's faults without throwing her players under the bus, and expressed herself in a manner befitting a coach of a team with the history of TN. I suspect if the series is continued, she will have her team ready to play every game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom