Kellie Harper Pre UConn Game Press Conference | The Boneyard

Kellie Harper Pre UConn Game Press Conference

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I had heard Horston got hurt but does anyone know what she hurt and when?

Reaction Score
I had heard Horston got hurt but does anyone know what she hurt and when?
I read that she was sick and did not travel with team for their last game. Nothing said about any injuries.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Kelli is very well spoken and logical. I think she has done a very nice job at Tennessee considering what a mess they were under Holly. She needs to up her recruiting to truly make them Top 10 relevant again. So UConn is down Paige, Azzi, Carolyn and front court depth Ice Brady and yet we are still a 6.5 point favorite by Massey at Tennessee who will have 14,000 fanatics at the game. I never would have thought that at the beginning of the year. Wow, just wow and I am looking forward to this game.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
One fan's opinion..........that was a "hard" 16 minute presser to watch. I did it so that I could become aware of the state of their program and players prior to Thursday's game. I don't follow their program. I wanted to get some kind of feel for Thursday's game. It was like sitting in a room and listening to a speech by a politician of a rival party. Their agenda/cares and concerns are not yours. You're not interested in anything they're saying. You're not emotionally involved in any way.

I know I'm not alone in my dislike for Tennessee. I've had several other posters PM me. THIS is one game I desperately want UConn to win..........convincingly!! I'll take a win anyway I can get it. Ugly or otherwise.

No doubt the girls will be briefed on the cat calls and foul language they may encounter from the fans during warm up and during the course of the game. LV fans have had THIS game circled on their calendars since the schedule was released in September. They will be out in force to "welcome" Geno back to Knoxville, and show him some real southern hospitality..........Rocky Top style. :eek: There's no way he can be looking forward to spending 3 hours with them. :confused: I hope he's smiling as he walks off the court after the game. :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This is a critical year for KJH and the Lady Vols. Horston, Jackson, Walker & Key may all be gone after this season and TN hasn’t really recruited the number of top tier players out of HS necessary to build and sustain a perennial top-25 team. A win over a depleted UConn team would be a godsend for TN right now.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
This is a critical year for KJH and the Lady Vols. Horston, Jackson, Walker & Key may all be gone after this season and TN hasn’t really recruited the number of top tier players out of HS necessary to build and sustain a perennial top-25 team. A win over a depleted UConn team would be a godsend for TN right now.
Been thinking about this for a while. Did the influx of transfers affect recruiting this year?

2022 - Justine Pissott (11)
2023 - n/a
2024 - too soon to tell

Carnac

Reaction Score
It would be, but let's hope that does not happen. :mad:

Reaction Score
Been thinking about this for a while. Did the influx of transfers affect recruiting this year?

2023 - n/a
2024 - too soon to tell
No. Rocky top in NOT the move is all. Recruits don’t know are care about the long lost tradition. Tennessee is not attractive to recruits but the fans don’t realize it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

2023 - n/a
2024 - too soon to tell
I don’t know, but I’m inclined to think it works in reverse. The lack of top recruits probably necessitates bringing in more transfers.

Reaction Score

2023 - n/a
2024 - too soon to tell
For TN? I know they said they "won the transfer portal", but they really didn't. They just flat out failed to close the deal on players they recruited. I mean...it happens and it did happen. RJ was their "transfer gem", but I can't imagine that any new freshman would have been deterred from going to TN because of competing with those other transfers.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score

2023 - n/a
2024 - too soon to tell
I think it is the other way around, the dearth of recruiting affected the transfers and for Kelli to go after more.
I should have kept reading the threads as basically I just said the same thing as @oldude ...Great minds....and all :rolleyes:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Since I get the SEC network I have watched a few Tennessee games. First, they lost their big center Key earlier in the season. They really don't have anyone to replace Key. Horsten and Jackson are their two big scorers.

Their transfers have not really panned out. Don't know whether it's because they are not good fits or they have not been able to assimilate into the Tennessee offense quickly enough.

I don't believe Tennessee has what it takes to beat UConn. Aaliyah and Dorka should have a field day in the paint and dominate the boards. Aubrey is going to be a nightmare for them on both ends of the court. Then we have Lou and Nika. Tennessee likes to play physical but UConn showed last night that they can play that game too.

Reaction Score
For TN? I know they said they "won the transfer portal", but they really didn't. They just flat out failed to close the deal on players they recruited. I mean...it happens and it did happen. RJ was their "transfer gem", but I can't imagine that any new freshman would have been deterred from going to TN because of competing with those other transfers.

Their fans blame the NIL

Reaction Score
I have no doubt UConn's players are more skilled (think Muhl, Lou, Griffin, Dorka and AE) and UT relies a lot on JH, who is a streaky shooter at best, and RJ, who is a baller but also struggles at times with effort and attitude. The LVs other pieces are a mixed bag of assorted parts who have shown they can win some games and be competitive but none of them are go to players who can be relied on for points game in and game out.

I think KJH has done a good job stopping the bleeding from Warlick as well as this season's early slide. I don't think she will ever get UT back to what fans hope for but I think she can keep the LVs in contention in the SEC and the top 15 nationally IF she can pick up recruiting.

I suspect UConn wins and could easily, but I also think if the LVs 2 stars and at least one other player get going it will be a close one.

Reaction Score
I think it’s pretty clear we should win this game. Tennessee is a collection of parts while UConn is well oiled machine. The only likely way for Tennessee to win imo is if we have foul trouble or injury/ies. That is really my main wish regarding this game; please let everyone be healthy when the final second ticks off!

Carnac

Reaction Score
The bigger game for Tennessee is South Carolina and LSU, not UCONN.
Yeah................conference games. Hard to tell right now which one is going to give them the BIGGEST beat down. My $$ is on the Gamecocks. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The way Kelly Harper talked about UCONN was her post game presser after losing to UCONN. She praised every aspect of UCONN's game and the players and oddly enough , she was right about everything. I expect a physical game and TENN will do it's best, but UCONN has too many players that are at the top of their game, so chalk up another win and on to Villanova, the last obstacle in our way to another title. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Yeah................conference games. Hard to tell right now which one is going to give them the BIGGEST beat down. My $$ is on the Gamecocks. :rolleyes:

The Gamecocks, on the road, beat UCONN by 20 points. Too much of a talent differential, even if fully healthy,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom