Keeping up on the competition (ND) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Keeping up on the competition (ND)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Seems to me Cam should be awarded an Honorary Boneyard Doctorate.

Awe, shucks.

Actually, I have a Boneyard pin, courtesy of HuskyNan (we attended the 2011 Fiesta Bowl game together when UConn played Oklahoma). And there are pictures of me in my Duke sweatshirt wearing the Boneyard pin!

Reaction Score
I am looking forward to seeing what the ACC, Duke, UNC, ND, MD do this year........UCONN plays 2 out of 4 early...........Both on their home court. Neither of the games will be close IMHO.........With UCONN top 3 players getting 3 days with Geno and some of the best players in the world, will play huge dividends in NOV, Dec and Jan before other teams get the footings. Geno is a very smart man...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I agree with WBBFan....anyone who assumes that ND can be taken lightly by us in the post-season as a result of Diggins' departure is in fantasyland. It remains to be seen whether or not Lindsey Allen can make a big contribution as a Freshman, but they still have the second best lineup in the country....and the second best coach.

No they don't.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Mabrey was effective for USA BB, summer before last.
I'm sure she is now considered a big disappointment.
I sure thought she would be better

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Sounds like Mabrey struggled with conditioning during her freshman year (athletes are not immune to the "freshman 15") and worked to get herself in better shape over the summer. I think she'll have a nice career at ND. She's not a point guard (surprising to hear Muffet mention her as a possible pg); I expect her to play shooting guard and provide some perimeter shooting for ND.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
IMHO ND is going to be better then what some experts are saying. ND & Duke will compete for the Regular Season ACC Championship. When it comes to the ACC tournament championship, I'd take ND to win it all.

Lets bet a box of Krispy Kreme donuts on it ;)

Reaction Score
I agree with WBBFan....anyone who assumes that ND can be taken lightly by us in the post-season as a result of Diggins' departure is in fantasyland. It remains to be seen whether or not Lindsey Allen can make a big contribution as a Freshman, but they still have the second best lineup in the country....and the second best coach.

They have the second best lineup in the ACC is more like it. I can admit that. The two teams with the third and fourth (especially that one) best lineup in the ACC has more question marks than ND does.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The biggest question with ND is one of leadership morse than talent. Skylar offered that in spades. When your best player and your biggest leader is your PG, that is a concern. Now, ND returns some kids who have been very valuable a starters or bench players and adds Taya Reimer, so there's not much reason for them to be worse than top 5-10 nationally. They also have the advantage of hosting the regionals on the NCAA tourney. As such, they have plenty to be excited about this season, and plenty to worry about with the departure of Skylar.

Reaction Score
They have the second best lineup in the ACC is more like it. I can admit that. The two teams with the third and fourth (especially that one) best lineup in the ACC has more question marks than ND does.

I assume you are referring to Duke has having the best line-up in the ACC? So will the Lady Heels be required to play any defense this season or are they going to continue to follow their failed ways of trying to outscore opponents?

Reaction Score
I assume you are referring to Duke has having the best line-up in the ACC? So will the Lady Heels be required to play any defense this season or are they going to continue to follow their failed ways of trying to outscore opponents?
Of course I'm talking about Duke having the best lineup. With the exception of Xylina M, Diamond D and maybe Brittany Roundtree, I don't who the starters will be.

Reaction Score
Interesting that neither Chelsea Gray or Elizabeth Williams was at USA Camp. Are they healthy? Combined with Alexis Jones, that's 3 Top-5 players in Duke's lineup. I think Richa Jackson was Top 10. Henson was pretty high up the food chain as well. Peters was probably Top 15-20. I'm probably leaving some others out. Duke has been loaded for a long time. Karima Christmas wasn't a great college player, but has been pretty good in WNBA.

Reaction Score
What teams look like on paper is not always the same as how they perform under the bright lights. Confidence and swagger are hard to define on paper. When it comes to prime time, ND has proven they are warriors who know how to win. Duke has yet to prove that, not in the BIG games. Until they do, they don't have the best lineup in the ACC, irrespective of how impressive they "look" on paper.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Awe, shucks.

Actually, I have a Boneyard pin, courtesy of HuskyNan (we attended the 2011 Fiesta Bowl game together when UConn played Oklahoma). And there are pictures of me in my Duke sweatshirt wearing the Boneyard pin!

And the reason you haven't shared them here is .................... ? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom