KEEP THIS STAFF TOGETHER FOREVER!! | The Boneyard

KEEP THIS STAFF TOGETHER FOREVER!!

Reaction Score
6. Unreal.

I didn't want to jinx it before. With 6 titles, our wins have been 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 years apart. Someone mentioned it as a possibility a few years ago but honestly speaking I thought back to back was unachievable. UConn are a team of destiny. Little tiny Storrs, 6 titles in 25 years.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Call Benedict and D’Amelio and get it done!

Reaction Score
Actually let‘s not. These guys deserve to be head coaches. I have a feeling 10-12 years from now people will look at our coaching staff from the last 2 seasons and just laugh that they were all on the same team, and it will make complete sense we went back to back.

But I mean if they all want to come back….

Reaction Score
Actually let‘s not. These guys deserve to be head coaches. I have a feeling 10-12 years from now people will look at our coaching staff from the last 2 seasons and just laugh that they were all on the same team, and it will make complete sense we went back to back.

If you get well pizzaid, being an assistant is a great gig. Head coaches may make more money short term, but careers are often shorter. Also, some guys are best as assistants, just like in football some guys are amazing offensive or defensive coordinators, but terrible head coaches.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If you get well pizzaid, being an assistant is a great gig. Head coaches may make more money short term, but careers are often shorter. Also, some guys are best as assistants, just like in football some guys are amazing offensive or defensive coordinators, but terrible head coaches.

And why deal with all the drama that comes with being a head coach?

Reaction Score

On a selfish UConn fan level I want them back, but on a personal level I would like them to get the head coaching opportunity they have deserved and earned. But I would hope they get it at a place where they have a better chance to succeed as opposed to place that is just sets them up to fail.

Reaction Score
On a selfish UConn fan level I want them back, but on a personal level I would like them to get the head coaching opportunity they have deserved and earned. But I would hope they get it at a place where they have a better chance to succeed as opposed to place that is just sets them up to fail.
IMO it's impossible to talk about Hurley's success coaching this team without Luke and Kimani as 1a and 1b. Incredible staff.

Reaction Score
The loser Kentucky radio guys saying, "Hurley has back to back titles. What's left for him to accomplish there?"

A freakin' UCLA-esque dynasty, that's what! Let's go!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
The loser Kentucky radio guys saying, "Hurley has back to back titles. What's left for him to accomplish there?"

A freakin' UCLA-esque dynasty, that's what! Let's go!
Francesca compared us to the UCLA dynasty on his podcast last night.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Selfishly I would love to keep Kimani and Luke as assistants forever. I do however want the best for them and each deserves a chance to run his own program, develop his craft and hopefully climb to where he is in charge of a top program.

One past misstep (which I prefer doesn't get mentioned) aside, I see no reason why a school in the MAAC or CAA wouldn't give one of them a shot. It baffles me and I feel bad for the two of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom