2024 Recruiting: - Kayvaun Mulready | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Kayvaun Mulready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If true about PC--Maybe Mulready is hearing noise about Pettiford and/or Boogie to UConn??
A commitment from either of them doesn’t seem imminent. They also don’t really overlap as players. Plus Hurley and co. have clearly been pushing for this recruit. If he commits to PC, he likely would just rather play for PC. Mistake

Reaction Score
Fland is not coming to UConn. Not with Castle coming in.
I don’t know if we have any chance with Fland, but seeing as Castle is 2023 and Fland is 2024, there’s no reason both guys couldn’t come here. Castle sounds like he has a shot at being one and done. And with Castle’s size and versatility, I bet he could play alongside another point guard.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I don’t know if we have any chance with Fland, but seeing as Castle is 2023 and Fland is 2024, there’s no reason both guys couldn’t come here. Castle sounds like he has a shot at being one and done. And with Castle’s size and versatility, I bet he could play alongside another point guard.
UNC was also considered a top suitor for Fland but just had a five star 2024 PG commit last week, so that can only help

Reaction Score
Fland is not coming to UConn. Not with Castle coming in.
Using the same logic based on your comment... Why is UConn recruiting all three of them with Castle coming in? For starters ..They're all 2024 recruits.. No idea if Castle is a one or two year guy .. BTW.. Castle can play with a combination of guards and wings due to his versatility..

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Hope you don't think Kimani is wasting his time recruiting Fland?

Beat PC

Reaction Score
Fair enough. Never say never. I just don't think UConn can guarantee Castle won't be here a 2nd year before Fland commits. Could they play together? Sure. Just try convincing Fland that.

“At the next level I want to go somewhere where I will play point guard because I trust the ball in my hands,” he said.”

Reaction Score
Fair enough. Never say never. I just don't think UConn can guarantee Castle won't be here a 2nd year before Fland commits. Could they play together? Sure. Just try convincing Fland that.

“At the next level I want to go somewhere where I will play point guard because I trust the ball in my hands,” he said.”

I think our system shows we can have multiple guards who have the ball in their hands a lot. Jackson and Newton both run the offense a good amount.

Reaction Score
To be honest, although I’ve only seen a little bit of Castle, I like the idea of him as a creator on the wing with another PG in the fold. Sort of a better shooting Daniel Hamilton, who can attack a broken down defense rather than always be the guy doing the breaking down. Or to borrow from the other board, Paige Bueckers is a natural point guard, but played the wing when healthy and Nika Muhl handled PG duties and it made them a little less predictable. She could also look to score without it bogging down the offense.

But I could be wrong, and Castle might simply be better suited as the clear point guard.

Reaction Score
To be honest, although I’ve only seen a little bit of Castle, I like the idea of him as a creator on the wing with another PG in the fold. Sort of a better shooting Daniel Hamilton, who can attack a broken down defense rather than always be the guy doing the breaking down. Or to borrow from the other board, Paige Bueckers is a natural point guard, but played the wing when healthy and Nika Muhl handled PG duties and it made them a little less predictable. She could also look to score without it bogging down the offense.

But I could be wrong, and Castle might simply be better suited as the clear point guard.
Agree with your points. With that being said, unless we grab a pure PG from the portal, Castle is our guy at the 1 next year. If he were on the team right now he already may be the starter.

Reaction Score

Heck they can split time at the point like AS and DC so at he 5. Boogie would be fine with a 33/7 per gam split his freshman year:eek:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If he knows what’s best for him he’ll want to go up against a prototypical new age NBA PG every day in practice. Most kids would shy away. Totally dependent on just how good SC does year 1. SC could also easily slide over to the 2 and showcase his versatility and shot making.

Reaction Score
Was told he's in the mold of Solo Ball yesterday by a NEPSAC coach I know. Good size, tough, great athlete and defender.

Big question is going to be shooting. He isn't a good shooter now.

Expect Tom to be lead recruiter
If he’s not a good shooter then who cares

Reaction Score
If he’s not a good shooter then who cares

I'm not really sure what you mean, but he seems to have improved this year at Worcester. Making multiple 3s per game now.

Reaction Score
I'm not really sure what you mean, but he seems to have improved this year at Worcester. Making multiple 3s per game now.
Was told he's in the mold of Solo Ball yesterday by a NEPSAC coach I know. Good size, tough, great athlete and defender.

Big question is going to be shooting. He isn't a good shooter now.

Expect Tom to be lead recruiter
You said a week ago he’s not a good shooter…lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member