2024 Recruiting: - Kayvaun Mulready | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Kayvaun Mulready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You said a week ago he’s not a good shooter…lol

That was from before hs season. Talked to people who said he's improving last week.

I still don't know what you mean by this:

If he’s not a good shooter then who cares

Are you saying don't recruit him?

caw

Reaction Score
It’s hard to care a ton about a recruit two years away from suiting up, especially before summer AAU between junior and senior year where talent is usually found. It appears he will be about the 21st recruit in the top 125 (on 247) to commit in 2024, so still super early.

Seems UConn got in late on a fast recruitment, but congrats PC. Hope the commit sticks, seems like a good hard nosed player at the least, with the potential to be better.

The only player I kind of care about right now in 2024 is Betsey and mostly because he is from CT and a shooter.

Reaction Score
That was from before hs season. Talked to people who said he's improving last week.

I still don't know what you mean by this:

Are you saying don't recruit him?
No, I’m saying that I’m not going to get too hung up on losing a recruit that isn’t a good shooter when we have better targets. Pettiford is a better player, I want him

Reaction Score
It’s hard to care a ton about a recruit two years away from suiting up, especially before summer AAU between junior and senior year where talent is usually found. It appears he will be about the 21st recruit in the top 125 (on 247) to commit in 2024, so still super early.

Seems UConn got in late on a fast recruitment, but congrats PC. Hope the commit sticks, seems like a good hard nosed player at the least, with the potential to be better.

The only player I kind of care about right now in 2024 is Betsey and mostly because he is from CT and a shooter.
Yes on Betsey. Great shooter, and maybe much more!
Hopefully he thinks about UConn for his overall development, plus his family could see him play and win championships!

Lurking in the background is the biggest hype school and it would be great if he doesn't need the affirmation they offer. They've recently sent coaches to see him multiple times and we seemed to be on him later than a number of schools.

From a recruiting story: "Duke's 2024 offer sheet currently consists of Bryson Tucker and six other undecided prospects: five-star combo guard Dylan Harper, five-star shooting guard Tre Johnson, five-star small forward Naas Cunningham, five-star small forward Carter Bryant, four-star small forward Tyler Betsey, and four-star center James Brown."

Reaction Score

Not disagreeing, but playing devils advocate here. I’ve been hyped about Castle for a LONG time now

Reaction Score

Can't help wondering if Clark Kellog's 20 minute puff piece on Cooley combined with the broadcasters (DM) fawning over his greatness during the UConn game helped Mulready make his decision to pick Providence........

Reaction Score
Can't help wondering if Clark Kellog's 20 minute puff piece on Cooley combined with the broadcasters (DM) fawning over his greatness during the UConn game helped Mulready make his decision to pick Providence........
Players are allowed to pick a school other than UConn. It doesn't make them bad kids and it doesn't mean something nefarious happened. If that happened, good for Providence. I'm sure we will be ok.

Reaction Score
Players are allowed to pick a school other than UConn. It doesn't make them bad kids and it doesn't mean something nefarious happened. If that happened, good for Providence. I'm sure we will be ok.
NO, IT CANNOT BE!

Reaction Score
He sat behind the Providence bench….

Reaction Score
Yes on Betsey. Great shooter, and maybe much more!
Hopefully he thinks about UConn for his overall development, plus his family could see him play and win championships!

Lurking in the background is the biggest hype school and it would be great if he doesn't need the affirmation they offer. They've recently sent coaches to see him multiple times and we seemed to be on him later than a number of schools.

From a recruiting story: "Duke's 2024 offer sheet currently consists of Bryson Tucker and six other undecided prospects: five-star combo guard Dylan Harper, five-star shooting guard Tre Johnson, five-star small forward Naas Cunningham, five-star small forward Carter Bryant, four-star small forward Tyler Betsey, and four-star center James Brown."

Hey lay off Duke a little Scrutiner, they're well on their way to winning more championships under Coach Scheyer. I mean did you see them romp BCU 65-64 the other day. Not an easy win, they're going in the right direction probably get them back in the Top 10 LOL

Reaction Score
neither here nor there but scott drew and hubert davis are doing work in '24. baylor already has commitments from two 5*s and a 4*. unc has commitments from one 5* and two 4*s.

caw

Reaction Score
Not disagreeing, but playing devils advocate here. I’ve been hyped about Castle for a LONG time now

Fair enough. Castle did commit super-early also; even earlier than Mulready. Of course he was also rated around #30 in his class at the time, while Mulready is somewhere in the 70s. Even then, I guess I didn't really get super hyped about him until after AAU. Happy when he was recruited and committed, but I hold off getting too excited until kids are on campus. I get a bit more pumped every day about the 2023 class, but call me a pessimist, I just can't get too excited anymore.

Too many last minute changes, decommits, transfers (even mid-season) these days. I like it for the kids but it definitely tapers my excitement when the kids commit, or don't these days.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. Castle did commit super-early also; even earlier than Mulready. Of course he was also rated around #30 in his class at the time, while Mulready is somewhere in the 70s. Even then, I guess I didn't really get super hyped about him until after AAU. Happy when he was recruited and committed, but I hold off getting too excited until kids are on campus. I get a bit more pumped every day about the 2023 class, but call me a pessimist, I just can't get too excited anymore.

Too many last minute changes, decommits, transfers (even mid-season) these days. I like it for the kids but it definitely tapers my excitement when the kids commit, or don't these days.
Jayden Epps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01