2024 Recruiting: - Kayvaun Mulready, Worcester Academy | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Kayvaun Mulready, Worcester Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In an article from last weekend Dave Borges of the Register mentioned the UConn coaches might be at the National Prep Showcase to watch 2024 guard Kayvaun Mulready from Worcester Academy. I had pointed out that he was playing at noon on Sunday before the 5:00 UConn game. I wonder if any of the coaches made it down to New Haven for the game. Anyway, saw this in an article about the tournament and figured I'd post it since I hadn't heard anything about him before last week. Also, a write up about Tyler Betsey in here.

Kayvaun Mulready, 6-4, SG, Worcester Academy (MA), Uncommitted, No. 77 in the class of 2024
23 pts (7-16 FG, 0-3 3pt, 9-11 FT), 11 reb (4 offensive), 4 ast, 3 to, 2 blk, 2 stl in 32 minutes (86-82 win over Mt. Zion)
Mulready is an absolute warrior and has an ability to assert himself in multiple facets of the game. First, he’s virtually positionless, as he showed this summer. He can operate as a big combo-guard all the way to a smallball four-man and defend every spot in between. He’s exceptionally powerful, particularly in his lower body, and just as tough. There might not have been a better pound-for-pound rebounder in the field. The shooting and ball-skills need to keep coming, but that doesn’t mean he can’t already make plays off the bounce as he gets downhill, goes right into contact, and dares people to get into his way. While the skills, polish, and nuances will all need to keep emerging, everything about his mentality and approach makes you want to bet on him in the long-term.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a Hurley guy.
A little concerning to see he's a shooting guard and was 0 for 3 on his threes, but 9 for 11 on FT's must mean he just needs to improve on his range, plus this:
"The shooting and ball-skills need to keep coming, but that doesn’t mean he can’t already make plays off the bounce as he gets downhill, goes right into contact, and dares people to get into his way.

Reaction Score
I was there. Can confirm that Tom Moore was there as well. I personally wasn't in love with Mulready's game. Seemed like he wanted to shoot every single time he touched the ball in a close game, even though he had two other elite talents on his team (Duke-bound TJ Power and Marquette-bound Tre Norman).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom