Kansas | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kansas

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He was much more aggressive at getting post position when it got close in the second half. Through most of the rest of the game, he seemed pretty uninterested in fighting for that deep position. In very curious to see what Self does with Dickinson offensively on Friday.

Maybe keep him by three point line to drag our bigs away from the basket and allow the rest to post up or drive?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm guessing he has him going right at DC to try to put him in foul trouble right from the get go. And that can mean inside as well as drawing him out to defend the three. DC has to stay composed and not try to make a name for himself with hero plays on defense.

Yup

Poe

Reaction Score
Haven’t watched Dickinson, how does he compare to Timme?

Reaction Score
Dickinson has Zach Eddy sloth speed, shoots from 3 well even in high school, but doesn't fight as hard as he should at the rim. (I think he is 'soft' because fouls get called on bigs like him when they put their bodies into people - now that lack of aggressiveness has become a habit from the times I see him play) Timme is smaller, more a shot maker, and plays with finesse rather than power. To see how Donovan might play Dickinson at the 3 point line, it would be worthwhile to see how Donovan was used defensively vs Timme outside last year if they were in the game together much. I won't have time to check myself.

Reaction Score
Maybe keep him by three point line to drag our bigs away from the basket and allow the rest to post up or drive?
That’s what I’m thinking and then try to get Adams to be the post presence. He’s not a great back to the basket big and I think Clingan’s length will bother him on those little face-up 8-10 footers. It wouldn’t get Clingan in foul trouble but for a team that shoots like KU, they really need Clingan out of the paint.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That’s what I’m thinking and then try to get Adams to be the post presence. He’s not a great back to the basket big and I think Clingan’s length will bother him on those little face-up 8-10 footers. It wouldn’t get Clingan in foul trouble but for a team that shoots like KU, they really need Clingan out of the paint.
Yes, I think so too. But Dickinson has torched Edey every time they have played. The guy has pretty advanced offensive skills inside or out. He's also a really good passer.

Reaction Score
Haven’t watched Dickinson, how does he compare to Timme?
Bigger, much better shooter, better passer, not nearly the back to the basket game or athletic ability. Both pretty mediocre defenders. His shooting is my biggest concern because UConn will absolutely have to respect his willingness to take and ability to hit the outside shot.

Reaction Score
As far as defensive matchups go, it doesn't really matter as we pretty much switch everything on the perimeter anyways. But college offenses aren't usually savvy enough to take advantage anyways, unless it is big v small in the post, and even that is rare.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
How’s Kansas in transition? Can we run on them?

If we’re hitting our threes….

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I know they’ve played in a final four and a NC just last year, but I think this environment will be different. I hope I’m wrong.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling Hurley will be extra emotional knowing the college basketball world is watching. He needs to be strategic with his screaming at the refs and avoid any meltdown.
Yeah, good luck with that.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Worried that Timberlake has his best game if the season and breaks out
KU friend of mine says he doesn’t think he even understands the playbook, looks lost.

Reaction Score
Clingan getting pulled away from the basket by Dickinson is going to be a big thing to watch. Dickinson is a lot more mobile on the perimeter than Donovan. This might be more of a Samson game than a Clingan game for the perimeter defense. Going to need the guards to keep the KU guards out of the lane when our bigs are pulled outside.
If Dickinson is going to be on perimeter let Karaban cover him. Keep Donovan off ball as a helper on defense protecting the rim on KJ. There are things you can do. You don’t need to expose Clingan on the perimeter chasing around a perimeter shooter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom