Kansas Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kansas Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
The game felt like a win when it isn’t.
I’m proud of this team, it has heart of champion. We are right there to take it at the end in a hostile environment when Kansas shot out of their minds.

Tristen Newton is our best player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It's December 1st. We just played a hard fought game on the road against a good team. DC working his stamina back up. AK has been in a shooting slump. Cam got hurt in game and no Castle. Plus we had a rotten game at the line tonight. We will be just fine.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
We've all seen bad losses. (One of the worst was in that very building.) This wasn't one of them. Having a chance to beat #5 KU in the last possession on their home floor? I would have taken that.

Not making any excuses based on personnel & health, but I will say that I like our chances against KU on a neutral court later in the season.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
IMG_3598.jpeg

Tristen newton post game

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'd like to find out Clingan sought out Adams to offer condolences.

Reaction Score
Karaban needs to find his game again. Cam was hurt but wasn't playing well before he got hurt. Clingan needs to get in shape but not sure what his offensive game is besides dunks and layups. Ball was not a negative on the floor. As I said in the thread about our best player Tristen was that today and the most important. Could have won that game. Should have won that game without Castle.

With that said guys played hard and didn't give up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Too damn late of a start, but no shame in that game. Close game despite Refs letting a lot slide for home cooking, Uconn ball movement frozen in 1st half, and two of 3 best shooters being cold as ice.

Newton needs that Charlie Villanova strength coach, because he could be of service in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Just not enough help for Tristen. Up 5 and Diarra dribbled the ball around for 20 seconds and fired a wild baseline 3 was a sequence we will regret. Cam injury and foul shots hurt. Can't wait for Stephon to come back. Hope Cam and Don are ok for UNC. We are banged up but will be aok. Alex fouling out hurt as well. Didn't love refs but what you get on road sometimes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What a freakin game! So proud of our guys on the road.

Even if Cam made that shot, Kansas would have hit a miracle shot tonight.

Losing a very close game on the road to the #5 team in the Nation is still UConn ball!

Reaction Score
All things considered, a good shot with a chance to win and 2 seconds on the clock at the Phog? That's a great game.

We played a C- game. They shot out of their minds. With Castle on a neutral court and a healthy Spencer, we win by double-digits.

Hard to complain about this one.

Tristen played like a warrior.

Spencer toughed it out. I hope he's okay.

Karaban is totally out of sorts. Needs to see the sports psych and get his head right.

Clingan's experience today will be invaluable. Looked about what you'd expect playing a man 5 years older than him.

Solo is fitting in on defense but absolutely lost on offense.

Hass and Johnson got the job done and played their role.

I like the bit of zone we threw in, and how we looked to get Clingan in space in the second half. Did a nice job looking for some more cuts against the pressure too. We adjusted well and made it a tough one for them.

Reaction Score
I am not usually that guy but the officiating was brutal.

Still played horribly except for Newton didn’t have Castle and almost won at Phog Allen. We are good.

Reaction Score
They didn’t bow after falling behind early and not playing well. Fought back and right to the end.

Newton was obviously the star but it was good to see Clingan play a lot of minutes and seemed to be back in shape. He really played well today. Played great D on Dickinson and altered other shots.

caw

Reaction Score
All things considered, a good shot with a chance to win and 2 seconds on the clock at the Phog? That's a great game.

We played a C- game. They shot out of their minds. With Castle on a neutral court and a healthy Spencer, we win by double-digits.

Hard to complain about this one.

Tristen played like a warrior.

Spencer toughed it out. I hope he's okay.

Karaban is totally out of sorts. Needs to see the sports psych and get his head right.

Clingan's experience today will be invaluable. Looked about what you'd expect playing a man 5 years older than him.

Solo is fitting in on defense but absolutely lost on offense.

Hass and Johnson got the job done and played their role.

I like the bit of zone we threw in, and how we looked to get Clingan in space in the second half. Did a nice job looking for some more cuts against the pressure too. We adjusted well and made it a tough one for them.

Thought Alex actually was starting to play well at the end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom