JWill likes the Huskies | The Boneyard

JWill likes the Huskies

Reaction Score
Nice little conversation at the end of the USC game. J Will argued that UConn’s body of work makes us the best team in the country. Hopefully the media agrees come Monday.

Reaction Score
No chance we'll be #1. I bet they'll still have Houston in front of us as well.

Will likely be:
1. Purdue
2. Kansas
3. Houston
4. UConn
5. Arizona
1. Purdue
2. Kansas
3. UConn
4. Houston
5. Arizona

Houston hasn't beat anybody to deserve that spot. It should be Arizona at 4 but the rankings will keep them there just simply for being undefeated.

Reaction Score
I kind of like not being number 1. I like the disrespect angle.
Give me #1. I want multiple weeks at #1. That comes with many long-lasting benefits. It's no surprise we were #1 years before we won a title.

Obviously titles trump mid-year attention. But there's real clout that comes with #1, and it says something about the health of your program. We have 5 titles with 3 different coaches. No one is overlooking us anymore.

Reaction Score
They shouldn't have jumped us with their win @ Duke, and they should fall behind us with this loss. The game wasn't even close and we beat a team ranked in the Top 10 by double digits this week essentially on the road.

What will it be? Probably this. Which is dumb.

Reaction Score
Nice little conversation at the end of the USC game. J Will argued that UConn’s body of work makes us the best team in the country. Hopefully the media agrees come Monday.
If it was anyone other than Jay Williams it’d be more meaningful. He may be sincere or he may still be trying to atone for his bizarre game call, digressions and general inanity during UConn v Indiana.

Reaction Score
How many Championships have we won being number 1 in the Nation at Tourney start? We already know we have the best team in basketball.

Just saying we've won with unfavorable seeding, good seeding, local seeding, etc..
When you have 5 Championships, we simply know how to get it done, whatever we are ranked.

To me top 5 is the sweet spot, until Conference Tourney time.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
How many Championships have we won being number 1 in the Nation at Tourney start? We already know we have the best team in basketball.

Just saying we've won with unfavorable seeding, good seeding, local seeding, etc..
When you have 5 Championships, we simply know how to get it done, whatever we are ranked.

To me top 5 is the sweet spot, until Conference Tourney time.
65%. Our championship last year broke a streak of five straight 1-seed champions.

Reaction Score
No chance we'll be #1. I bet they'll still have Houston in front of us as well.

Will likely be:
1. Purdue
2. Kansas
3. Houston
4. UConn
5. Arizona
I actually think they'll go Purdue, Kansas, Uconn, Zona then Houston

Reaction Score
Give me #1. I want multiple weeks at #1. That comes with many long-lasting benefits. It's no surprise we were #1 years before we won a title.

Obviously titles trump mid-year attention. But there's real clout that comes with #1, and it says something about the health of your program. We have 5 titles with 3 different coaches. No one is overlooking us anymore.
Hard disagree that being #1 means much. I can agree that since we’ve been to the depths and now returned there’s something there, but if you’re hovering in the top 5 and when talking heads talk “who’s the best?” They mention you, you have the value that comes with being #1.

Anyone who pays attention knows who we are this season, so I don’t think flat out being #1 is getting us better recruits at this point

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom