Justin Joly Big Part of Huskies’ Youth Movement | The Boneyard

Justin Joly Big Part of Huskies’ Youth Movement

Reaction Score
How is a kid like Justin Joly only a 2 star recruit and only one offer(uconn) ?… he’s big athletic and fast … and he gets open and catches every ball thrown his way.. including in traffic… that touchdown against Ball state.. the player guarding him Joly just out ran him to the the end zone…. Mora hit a home run with this kid

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
How is a kid like Justin Joly only a 2 star recruit and only one offer(uconn) ?… he’s big athletic and fast … and he gets open and catches every ball thrown his way.. including in traffic… that touchdown against Ball state.. the player guarding him Joly just out ran him to the the end zone…. Mora hit a home run with this kid
Isn't he a bit of a tweener? Smallish for TE and big for receiver. That may be why.

I think he can give other teams match up problems.

Reaction Score
WR has to be the deepest position on the team. They lost the top 3 receivers and had someone basically step in to continue the production. Joly, Turner and Clercius great out there too.

Reaction Score
Marcus Easley didn’t have any offers, did he?

Reaction Score
I believe Justin Joly only offer from a FCS school was uconn… he did have offers from Delaware and RI I believe

Reaction Score
How is a kid like Justin Joly only a 2 star recruit and only one offer(uconn)
Wrong question. The intelligent question would be why are people still surprised that unrecruited, two star players still develop into important college players and sometimes NFL players? Not as frequently as more highly recruited players, but all the time.

Reaction Score
The bigger question is how do you keep the players you develop in a transfer portal world? Like it or not, UConn is a minor league team, and many of these players have their eyes on the B10 or SEC. Any player at UConn that opens eyes is likely to have options. How does UConn keep these kids committed in an environment where commitment means absolutely nothing?

It will be very interesting to see how much turnover becomes the new norm in college football.

Reaction Score
Have to tell the 247 people that New Rochelle is in New York, not New Jersey. Otherwise thanks for the recognition.

Reaction Score
The bigger question is how do you keep the players you develop in a transfer portal world? Like it or not, UConn is a minor league team, and many of these players have their eyes on the B10 or SEC. Any player at UConn that opens eyes is likely to have options. How does UConn keep these kids committed in an environment where commitment means absolutely nothing?

It will be very interesting to see how much turnover becomes the new norm in college football.

If the goal is to make it to the next level, playing time matters.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wrong question. The intelligent question would be why are people still surprised that unrecruited, two star players still develop into important college players and sometimes NFL players? Not as frequently as more highly recruited players, but all the time.

Would be interesting to create an annual 5-star AA team, 4-star AA team, 3-star AA team and 2-star AA team. And then throw in an All-walk-on team.

Reaction Score
Every time one of these guys who have not been on the radar does something good for a flicker of a minute you latch on and write about it and amp him up.

Bottom line is that the best receivers and TE’s are out injured. TE’s are non existent this year. Best WR’s are all out which is why you see Rosa getting the attention. So don’t put all your efforts and emotions into one guy who did something good against a bad team.

Remember we are a much better team if we had our best players on the field. I’m not excited about what we have on the field right now. I am excited about seeing what we are like when the injured guys are back. QB, WR/RB, TE etc. All of the best players are out injured.

Reaction Score
I don’t care who we get back or who we recruit next year. This kid is playing

Reaction Score
Every time one of these guys who have not been on the radar does something good for a flicker of a minute you latch on and write about it and amp him up.

Bottom line is that the best receivers and TE’s are out injured. TE’s are non existent this year. Best WR’s are all out which is why you see Rosa getting the attention. So don’t put all your efforts and emotions into one guy who did something good against a bad team.

Remember we are a much better team if we had our best players on the field. I’m not excited about what we have on the field right now. I am excited about seeing what we are like when the injured guys are back. QB, WR/RB, TE etc. All of the best players are out injured.
Hopefully you meant to say some of our best offensive play makers are out injured.

Reaction Score

I'm not sure I understand what you are moaning about?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom