2023 Recruiting: - Justin Edwards | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Justin Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Must have been back when typewriters and printing press were used for the layouts...this interweb stuff is tricky!
Now that you mention it, that would explain the strikethrough business. Why did strikethrough survive the advent of the backspace key?!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s way too early, but that lineup gets eaten alive defensively.
Season 3 What GIF by On My Block

[Can no longer post gifts for some reason, but rest assured it would’ve been hilarious.]

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not a ringing endorsement for the school or the newspaper ;)
LOL

Chrissie Hynde once sang "Time the avenger..."

Half century ago, I was doing page layouts by hand-pressing set type. Now, I'm posting in between cooking meals for my grandchild's parents on an increasingly finicky phone.

Somewhere a Columbia School Press Association award decomposes in a file cabinet.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Season 3 What GIF by On My Block

[Can no longer post gifts for some reason, but rest assured it would’ve been hilarious.]
Maybe eaten alive is harsh, but that lineup will struggle with athletic perimeters, unless freshman Edwards happens to be lockdown.

Reaction Score
Maybe eaten alive is harsh, but that lineup will struggle with athletic perimeters, unless freshman Edwards happens to be lockdown.

I trust Hurley to make a decent or better defender out of pretty much anyone. Never gonna be a concern of mine with Hurley. I would prefer we do some things differently on defense, but I can't imagine us having a defense lower than 50 on kenpom or torvik or wherever under Hurley.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I trust Hurley to make a decent or better defender out of pretty much anyone. Never gonna be a concern of mine with Hurley. I would prefer we do some things differently on defense, but I can't imagine us having a defense lower than 50 on kenpom or torvik or wherever under Hurley.
I’d like to stay top 25 if possible. Keeps our floor high.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Does it bother anyone that he’s from a “school of the future”? Some schools won’t even recruit these kids. Not implying I have a problem with it, I don’t know enough about them, just interested in opinions.

Reaction Score
Does it bother anyone that he’s from a “school of the future”? Some schools won’t even recruit these kids. Not implying I have a problem with it, I don’t know enough about them, just interested in opinions.
It's a real physical high school. It's a big, competitive charter school. Not like one of those fake sports academies like Spire or Findlay

Reaction Score
Samson maybe starts over Clingan, but everyone on the roster now that may be here in 2 years, and any possible recruits to join by then, currently aren’t defensively ready to contribute. However in 2 years when the guys currently contributing are gone… ‍♂️

Reaction Score

Imhotep is a public charter school in Philly, and it’s been around since the 90’s. Hurley most recently recruited Fatts Russell out of Imhotep. Fatts’s stepfather is an assistant coach there. The head coach, Andre Noble, is a great guy and becoming a Philly hoops legend. There’s also a lot of basketball overlap with Imhotep and Team Final, an AAU team the staff is very familiar with.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Imhotep is a public charter school in Philly, and it’s been around since the 90’s. Hurley most recently recruited Fatts Russell out of Imhotep. Fatts’s stepfather is an assistant coach there. The head coach, Andre Noble, is a great guy and becoming a Philly hoops legend. There’s also a lot of basketball overlap with Imhotep and Team Final, an AAU team the staff is very familiar with.

I still think of this when Imhotep comes up

Imhotep-The-Mummy-Returns-high-priest-imhotep-10551131-720-480.jpg

Reaction Score

Imhotep is a legit school. This isn't like PSA or something. They have public funding.

Reaction Score
Justin Edwards is one of the most well-rounded prospects in the 2023 recruiting class and it’s hardly a surprise that the five-star forward has a very long list of suitors in his recruitment.
Auburn, Connecticut, Villanova, Tennessee, Kentucky and Penn State are the programs who Edwards says are recruiting him the hardest currently. Rivals caught up with the Philadelphia native to discuss some of his top options.

IN HIS OWN WORDS

Villanova: They just offered me recently. They wanted me to come see practice and a game first, so I went to watch them when they played St. John’s. They wanted me to watch how they played, their player structure and how they get their players ready for the next level. I like that their main focus is getting players ready for the next level.
Auburn: I like their playing style. It’s similar to my high school. I like how they’ve been playing and I have a good vibe with coach (Ira) Bowman. He texts me almost everyday, sending me quotes and stuff.
Kentucky: They check in here and there. Coach (Orlando) Antigua sends me motivational stuff on Instagram and checks up on me, sending me videos of the team and everything, just keeping in touch. My visit there was good, the atmosphere was crazy. It’s a basketball state so basketball is the main priority and I like their playing style.
Tennessee: I talk to coach (Rod) Clark the most. Coach (Rick) Barnes used to coach
Kevin Durant and I look up to KD. Coach Barnes has always been good with wings as well. If I was to go there, I feel like he would help me to be, I won’t say Kevin Durant, but something similar to that.
UConn: Coach (Kimani) Young and coach (Dan) Hurley. I talk to Coach Kimani all of the time. I’m supposed to go watch a game. I want to go watch a game soon. I like their team and how they play.

REACTION

Edwards doesn’t have anymore visits lined up at this time, but will look to take some in the spring and summer months. The current plan is for the five-star forward to commit around his birthday in the middle of December. There’s no clear cut leader at this point and it looks like this recruitment could go a few different ways depending on how other dominoes fall in the recruiting landscape.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

REACTION

Edwards doesn’t have anymore visits lined up at this time, but will look to take some in the spring and summer months. The current plan is for the five-star forward to commit around his birthday in the middle of December. There’s no clear cut leader at this point and it looks like this recruitment could go a few different ways depending on how other dominoes fall in the recruiting landscape.

Wow, that's super late for a 2023 player to commit. Most guys commit before the start of their senior year.

Reaction Score
According to the Instagrams he is visiting Tennessee this weekend

UconnU

Reaction Score
According to the Instagrams he is visiting Tennessee this weekend
Seems like a kid that has a very open competitive recruitment and is willing to listen to anyone. Hope we can build a strong relationship with him. Having multiple team final kids on our roster should help.

UconnU

Reaction Score
It’s a great sign that we still have a relationship with team final after putting Sool and Corey on longer term plans. Their staff seems understanding.

Reaction Score
Seems like a kid that has a very open competitive recruitment and is willing to listen to anyone. Hope we can build a strong relationship with him. Having multiple team final kids on our roster should help.
Also cant blame a kid for wanting to check out that Auburn @ Tennessee game this weekend. Should be rocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom