OT: - Just perfection, please listen to end | The Boneyard

OT: Just perfection, please listen to end

Reaction Score
Maybe Whitney or Celine Dion. I realize Sinead doesn’t have a big library, but sometimes greatness happens once.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
One of the worst performers that I have ever seen and heard. Period.
But thanks for sharing.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ok, I did listen to it. But I'm thinking I like the studio version better. Sometimes live is better, sometimes not.

At least she didn't tear up the Pope in this performance. ;)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Really? I couldn’t stand that song from the first time I heard it.
I'm in full agreement Nan. I'll give her credit for hitting notes that few can hit and having a powerful voice but none of that makes the song good. It has no melodic flow and and there are a couple cringeworthy points where her voice jumps to notes that just don't fit.

Reaction Score
I like it. The song got on my nerves when it came out and was on the radio every 10 minutes, but it was a great song,

She was very talented. Mental problems and other issues made her polarizing, but there is no denying the talent.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If you want to hear female vocals that are as close to perfection as a human can get I recommend this. Some may be too young to know who this is but, while a good amount of their music may have been a bit too saccharine, her voice was as good as any. she left us far too soon. And by the way, she was born in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
If you want to hear female vocals that are as close to perfection as a human can get I recommend this. Some may be too young to know who this is but, while a good amount of their music may have been a bit too saccharine, her voice was as good as any. she left us far too soon. And by the way, she was born in Connecticut.

Can’t disagree with that.

But I found this little gem (thought I was going to include an Olivia Newton John but:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I actually kinda like the Prince version with Rosie Gaines more than Sinead's version.

As far as voices go, best I ever heard live was Minnie Ripperton. Saw her at the old Palladium opening for George Benson back in '77. That woman hit notes I didn't know existed.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nope, Annie Haslam rules. I’ve seen Renaissance about 10 times in concert. This was their only Top 40 hit

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nope, Annie Haslam rules. I’ve seen Renaissance about 10 times in concert. This was their only Top 40 hit

Eh, not for me. I don't like a lot of female voices. They have to be distinct for me. This one is just a "pretty voice", but nothing unique.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Eh, not for me. I don't like a lot of female voices. They have to be distinct for me. This one is just a "pretty voice", but nothing unique.
She’s classically trained, like Sarah Brightman, so her voice isn’t for everyone. Opera haters, beware

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom