Just my thoughts on starters | The Boneyard

Just my thoughts on starters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cole and Bouk will be the starting backcourt and i absolutely love the idea of Gaffney and Adams playing together off the bench. Gives us scoring, ballhandling and passing. I dont think Polley/Whalley rebound well enough together to start at the 4 and the 5 so im guessing we`ll see a lineup change in game 2 Friday.
Sanogo was impressive. He should start immediately. We rebounded much better while he was in the game and CCSU was hesitant to go to the basket. He will get into foul trouble as most young bigs do but we have the depth to manage. Throw him in the deep end and let him swim. Game 2 lineup should be Polley, Whalley, Sanogo, Bouk and Cole. For now that is our best 5. Of course its early on and we havent seen Martin yet and Akok is coming also. This teams depth could be the best we`ve seen since 04`

This team looks like its going to be far better than at least i thought itd be. If Bouk and Cole play as good as they think they will this team will finish no lower than #2 in the conference. I think we`ll be a bit inconsistent early on but when it gets clicking there is not telling how good this team could be. I would not be surprised to see this team fighting for a top 4 seed in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Your not going to see Whaley and Sanogo on the court at the same time vs a team that plays Zone defense. Sanogo looked very good on offensive end tonight but struggled playing half court defense. He hedges too hard and doesn't get back quick enough to his man. Also he is not a very good on the ball defender yet.

Reaction Score
Your not going to see Whaley and Sanogo on the court at the same time vs a team that plays Zone defense. Sanogo looked very good on offensive end tonight but struggled playing half court defense. He hedges too hard and doesn't get back quick enough to his man. Also he is not a very good on the ball defender yet.
The whole team struggled on defense tonight. All that stuff will come in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom