Just hope team isn’t peaking too early | The Boneyard

Just hope team isn’t peaking too early

Reaction Score
Loved today’s game, firing on all cylinders. However lot of bb to be played. I wouldn’t mind a mid February stumble or two and then heat it up for the end of season, BET and the dance.

I’m thinking how the Kemba team and last year’s team hit the dance in peak performance. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Loved today’s game, firing on all cylinders. However lot of bb to be played. I wouldn’t mind a mid February stumble or two and then heat it up for the end of season, BET and the dance.

I’m thinking how the Kemba team and last year’s team hit the dance in peak performance. Fingers crossed.
Well they're not going undefeated the rest of the way so I'm not worried about that at all. Plus, does Hurley seem like the kind of coach to rest on his laurels? Karaban said after a recent win that in the next practice Hurley made them feel like it was a loss. Hurley will keep them focused and improving.

This team still has another level to get to.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
No - not peaking early. The team has been very consistent in how they play. Some may disagree with that statement. So be it.

They also play different styles, big vs small, fast break, half court.

Reaction Score

The thing is we're not firing on all cylinders yet. Clingan played like a bonehead the past 2 games. No AK today. We're not really getting anything from our bench besides Hass who had a rough game today and Castle is getting more and more comfortable. It's scary for the rest of college basketball.

Rooting for the team to stumble is just wrong.

Reaction Score
We have so many different options on offense that I don’t know that they will ever play badly. We’re missing Karaban and Clingan has another dud and we still win by double digits. This team does a great job running the offense through their hot players. Castle dominated in the first half and Spencer carried us in the second along with Newton. They are so unselfish but also are aware of who is shooting well, which always leads to good shot attempts. Great to watch.

Reaction Score
nerd-face-emoji-clever-emoticon-with-glasses-vector-28926040.jpg

Reaction Score
This was the only game we had today. Might as well play the best we can. I don't think we're peaking. We can go higher still.
23, 21 and 18 from our guards shooting 50/47/90? Yes DC had a subnormal game.

Hooper expressed it better than I. If UConn Nation realizes we are not going undefeated from here on out, then I am OK with that. I want back to back.

If we’re not peaking I would say we’re 95% peak with 2 months to go.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The thing is we're not firing on all cylinders yet. Clingan played like a bonehead the past 2 games. No AK today. We're not really getting anything from our bench besides Hass who had a rough game today and Castle is getting more and more comfortable. It's scary for the rest of college basketball.

Agree we haven't had a good run on all cylinders.
Disagree bigly about Diarra. He was solid today.

Reaction Score

The only potential danger of winning too much is when you see players stop going for loose balls, stop hustling for rebounds, and stop sharing the ball. Playing like they don’t have to give 100% effort to win the game.

I’ve seen none of this and far more worried about this than dropping a couple of games to keep us ”level headed.” They can’t control the other team, only their effort - they seem to know this already.

Reaction Score
We have so many different options on offense that I don’t know that they will ever play badly. We’re missing Karaban and Clingan has another dud and we still win by double digits. This team does a great job running the offense through their hot players. Castle dominated in the first half and Spencer carried us in the second along with Newton. They are so unselfish but also are aware of who is shooting well, which always leads to good shot attempts. Great to watch.
What’s special about this team is that any starter in any given game can dominate. We’ve seen it so far this season. Today it was Steph and Spencer with some Tristen thrown in. Danny has assembled a squad that has few weaknesses. On top of that, you hear in the timeout huddles, his reinforcement of our legacy, and challenging the guys play tough. I think this is a result of being dissed by the so called blue bloods and media. We’re playing with a boulder on our shoulder and embraced the coach’s personality. Cam is our Andre this year.

Reaction Score
The Creighton and Xavier home games were peaks. This weeks games weren't. But this team is built like $AAPL. We're getting ready for our next leg up.

Reaction Score
Forget peaking in March, let's just keep dominating and let the results speak for themselves. We are freakin nuts. To do this without Clingan for some games, karaban today, unbelievable stuff.

Reaction Score

Yes Hassan had a rough first rough first half . He was terrific in the second half

Reaction Score
It does happen, and normally it’s a legit question, but we definitely haven’t peaked yet.

The thing I notice even in games where we don’t run away with it: our opponent is doing everything in their power to manufacture just hanging on by a thread. Or doing things like uncharacteristically making 4 straight 3’s. While we’re playing something below our A game.

Reaction Score

I know its well intended. But i disagree.

Win every game possible. Just. Keep. Winning!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

Firing on all cylinders? AK didn't play, DC and Samson were basically no-shows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom