Just for fun: help create the UConn montage | The Boneyard

Just for fun: help create the UConn montage

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Imagine a montage on YouTube. Specifically, it would be a montage of seminal UConn highlights throughout the program's history. It could be a series of great plays that encapsulate UConn basketball, one that is like a coming out party for a freshman who becomes a great one, or really anything else that you'd love to see from 1985 on. Here just some illustrative (I hope) examples:

• Jen Rizzzotti blowing by Michelle Marciniak to take the lead in the 1995 finals against the Lvs.
  • The 1998 "moment of sportsmanship" against Nova, where Nykesha Sales is able to break the UConn scoring record, then owned by Kerry Bascomb.
  • A series of backdoor cuts, Kelly Shumacher blocks, intense Shea Ralph responses, etc. in the 2000 NC game.
  • Bird at Both Buzzers against ND in 2001.
  • Diana "punching something orange" against the LVs in the regular season, or possibly just fouling out Stacy Dales with an and-one in the 2002 finals.
  • Diana with the 3/4 court bomb and the game-tying three-pointer at the end of regulation in 2003 against Tennessee.
  • Ann Strother elbowing Sheana Mosch to the floor, Diana doing the "call me" sign to the Crazies against Duke in the 2003 regular season matchup between the two teams.
  • Some big Diana plays against the LVs in the 2003 finals, capped by popping out the UConn Jersey after the W.
  • The signature Diana pass behind the back against Penn State in 2004.
  • Basically anything with Maya Moore. Anything.
  • Bria Hartley busting out against Baylor in 2010, and KML doing the same against Stanford a year later.
  • KML nailing a three and raising/waving her arms against ND in 2013
  • All kinds of highlights of the 2009 and 2013 beatdowns of Louisville.
  • Caroline Doty hitting a huge three down the stretch against Stanford in the 2010 championship game.
...And on and on.

SO, what would you add to the montage? What are the plays you'd like to see?

By the way, if you deliver this montage on YouTube once all requests are contributed...well, you may have done the greatest thing in the history of YouTube. Otherwise, this discussion is just a cool sharing of memories.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Kelly Faris hitting the winning shot at Notre Dame in South Bend in 2010. Stewie hitting a three against ND and then clapping for herself. Stewie's block against Rutgers in this year's tourney. Tiffany Hayes hitting three after three after three against a sagging Louisville defense. A time lapse showing Stef's body transformation. All of MoJeff's blocks.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Two highlights from UConn's win over Texas in the 2003 FF:
  • DT's 3 from the top of the key to give UConn the lead;
  • DT's one-handed, half-court pass to Wilnett Crocket under the basket for a layup (still one of the best passes I've ever seen)
Some Maya highlights:
  • Maya's block against Texas in the NCAA tourney game in Bridgeport
  • Maya's steal vs Depaul and Swanier's layup
  • Kelly's pass to Maya who one-timed it to Kalana for a layup vs Stanford at the XL center in Dec 2009

Reaction Score
Barbra Turner 3 her senior year in the sweet 16 in Bridgeport to beat Georgia

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
UconnCat - I remembered that DT3 immediately as well.
I can't even remember the exact plays or players, but there was a sequence of two fast breaks where I think first Maya saved the ball from going over the end line with a perfect back pass to ____ and about five minutes later another uconn player made exactly the same play with maybe a touch more degree of difficulty to another Uconn player. Sorry to be so vague.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Two highlights from UConn's win over Texas in the 2003 FF:

• [ ]DT's 3 from the top of the key to give UConn the lead;
    [ ]DT's one-handed, half-court pass to Wilnett Crocket under the basket for a layup (still one of the best passes I've ever seen)
Some Maya highlights:

• [ ]Maya's block against Texas in the NCAA tourney game in Bridgeport
    [ ]Maya's steal vs Depaul and Swanier's layup
    [ ]Kelly's pass to Maya who one-timed it to Kalana for a layup vs Stanford at the XL center in Dec 2009
U r killing me- I wanted Maya's block vs Texas in Bridgeport- what made that absolutely great was we were up 20 + late, we were fast breaking and the pass was stolen, when Maya planted after seeing the turnover. She was so far behind the play, but the look in her eyes was unreal, I was 3 rows away from where she started behind mid court. The ball ended up 5/10/15 rows behind the hoop- awesome---they need the entire play from the steal.
Geno chest bumping Kelly Farris in Duke game in Gampel 2013 after viewing some of her hustle plays that electrified team and crowd.
Meg Gardler fixing hair WTO to drain three on perimeter.
Lorin Dixon playing phenom ball vs Rutgers in big east championship fresh or soph year after Renee M was in foul trouble- came off court mid late 2nd half and jumped into Geno's arms!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Crockett rebounds vs Texas in semis- battled bigger better front line to get us to finals.
I have no idea the yr - I think it was Htfd- not Gampel.
DT flies for a long and high rebound from a three pt shot, running and leaping from inside top of key away from and outside the foul line extended, and in mid air and one contiguous motion does a 180 degree turn and hit Ashley Battle with a rocket pass in full stride right in her final stride to the hoop on the other end of the court. Looked like a Peyton Manning Pass. Remarkable. It was beyond.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Kerry Bascom hit a lay-up at the buzzer against Toledo that sent them to the Sweet 16.
A Maya finger roll. That is nonnegotiable.
Rebecca hitting that jumper from the left side of the lane late.
There was a Nykesha lay-up, maybe in the '97 season, that was Jordan-esque. Went up with the ball in one hand, switched hands in mid-air, flipped it up and in.
Nykesha hitting a 3 vs. Tenn in national semi-final to send the game into OT.
Nykesha getting a steal and zipping down court for a lay-up.
Shea driving the lane.
Sue hitting all the shots her sophomore season vs. Tenn.
Swin's rebound and jumper off of a missed free-throw against UCLA. You know, the one that went into her own basket :)

Breanna's block -- you know the one.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Maya's block in Htfd on a perimeter three where she came from in the paint- right in front of her bench and tunnel we enter/ exit. I think it was Big East Tmt her sr or jr year.
Maya's one handed finger roll lay up in 90 th victory vs Flor state game Htfd. She's done it often.

Reaction Score
Diana trotting back on defense along the sideline after burying a rarely-seen hook shot, being overheard by Geno telling an opposing player, "That's my hook shot."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom