July non-UConn recruiting thread | The Boneyard

July non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Premier Basketball Report’s No. 2 International player, Charlise Dunn, is down to Stanford and Virginia Tech.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Premier Basketball Report’s No. 2 International player, Charlise Dunn, is down to Stanford and Virginia Tech.

Hmm...interesting final 2. Maybe it's different for an international player, Stanford might not have the same cachet. For a domestic player, if she got accepted, would there even be any decision making to be made?

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
2021-03-25 (13).png

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. McCray tweeted something major about a new recruit, and I guess this was what she was hiding. Joy.

Reaction Score
View attachment 68387

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. McCray tweeted something major about a new recruit, and I guess this was what she was hiding. Joy.
Madison Booker would be major. This not so much

congrats on the pickup

it’s been a ghost town in BR lately so waiting to hear something

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Langley got her first recruit at UW, '22 Teagan Brown. Hoopgurlz doesn't even have her in their top 100, but some seem to think she's a very promising prospect.

Reaction Score
Langley got her first recruit at UW, '22 Teagan Brown. Hoopgurlz doesn't even have her in their top 100, but some seem to think she's a very promising prospect.

ASGR has her at #74 though. For a while seemed like she was on the border between a mid major or lower half Pac-12 level recruit. Seems like a good deal for her and for the new coach

Reaction Score

I feel like Oregon and UCLA are in everyones finalist list.

It feels like with Oregon getting the assistant from Arizona, Jackie Nared Hairston that it is paying off in big dividends. It was down to Arizona and Oregon for transfer Endyia Rogers and Oregon won out. Now it is was down to Arizona , UCLA and Oregon for Change Gray and Arizona is now out.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Tough loss for Marquette, as this is now the third school Gillespie has followed Baylor AC Tony Greene to:

I pondered whether this would happen somewhere in the posting universe when Greene left. Since Gillispie was so tied to Greene, it just seemed like a fait accompli waiting to happen.

Luckily, Coach Duffy got Kennedi Myles, a starting forward from Illinois (who she initially recruited while at the helm of Miami of Ohio) to come aboard. And Van Kleunen is back for what seems to be her 10th year ;)

Marquette administration is AOK with Megan Duffy, btw. Contract extension:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before: Canadian Lemyah Hylton narrowed that list down to five: Arizona, Alabama, Maryland, Michigan, and North Carolina. I think it was @TerpWomenFan who predicted she would be the breakout star guard of the '22 class in a prior post. She is listed at 5'10" by appears considerably longer about 6'1-2" ish. She appears to be a very good player and pickup for any of these schools and will play plenty. I'm predicting Michigan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before: Canadian Lemyah Hylton narrowed that list down to five: Arizona, Alabama, Maryland, Michigan, and North Carolina. I think it was @TerpWomenFan who predicted she would be the breakout star guard of the '22 class in a prior post. She listed at 5'10" by appears considerably longer about 6'1-2" ish. She appears to be a very good player and pickup for any of these schools and will play plenty. I'm predicting Michigan.
Michigan is definitely the closest. She is not only a great basketball player but a track athlete as well. I'm sure Brenda is pulling a SWK recruiting pitch to her as Shatori was a track athlete and volleyball player as well as w basketball player.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before: Canadian Lemyah Hylton narrowed that list down to five: Arizona, Alabama, Maryland, Michigan, and North Carolina. I think it was @TerpWomenFan who predicted she would be the breakout star guard of the '22 class in a prior post. She is listed at 5'10" by appears considerably longer about 6'1-2" ish. She appears to be a very good player and pickup for any of these schools and will play plenty. I'm predicting Michigan.

Michigan is definitely the closest. She is not only a great basketball player but a track athlete as well. I'm sure Brenda is pulling a SWK recruiting pitch to her as Shatori was a track athlete and volleyball player as well as w basketball player.

I watched her play over the past week in Louisville and Chicago. I'm mixed on how she did. She was listed as an all-star in Louisville, however I thought she had her challenges in Chicago. Maybe it's me, but I wasn't a fan of her decision to drive continuously instead of dishing to open team mates. Mind you, she wasn't the only one, but I've seen her make better decisions.

I don't know what happened with her defensively in some games either. I have to rewatch Chicago to be sure it wasn't just me frustrated with how she performed. The U17 Kia Nurse EYBL team's performance in Chicago as a whole was disappointing.

She'll definitely be a great pick up regardless where she goes, but there are some gaps I hadn't seen before over the years. Hopefully it's due to the 16 month lay off from competition and that it will get corrected for their next tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom