2025 Recruiting: - Joson Sanon Top 10 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Joson Sanon Top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don’t think we need to do mental gymnastics about our offense. It’s not a transition offense and that’s what the kid is talking about. It’s a beautiful offense that we don’t need to change and if anything the kid has to decide if he wants to change his preference to it, not the other way around.

Our offense also does not feature athleticism. Newton, Cam, and Karaban are far from being high caliber athletes and they are great in it while one of the best ones in Andre struggled in it for awhile. We can be honest about what this truly great offense is.
Joson is a shooter. He wants a pro offense that gets him good shots. What pro teams run a "transition offense"?

Reaction Score
I think our coaches coach to our personnel. We can fast break when we have those types of players. I think with our freshman and with our two recruits for next year, we will be playing faster. Cam, Alex, Donovan dont scream fast break.

This notion that we don't run at times is silly, too. We have as good a half court offense as I've seen in college basketball in quite some time, but they absolutely run opportunistically and they're pretty good at it. Rewatch McDermott's post-game press conference. Live ball turnovers against this team end up in the other bucket at a pretty high rate of speed.

Reaction Score
This notion that we don't run at times is silly, too. We have as good a half court offense as I've seen in college basketball in quite some time, but they absolutely run opportunistically and they're pretty good at it. Rewatch McDermott's post-game press conference. Live ball turnovers against this team end up in the other bucket at a pretty high rate of speed.
This is correct. We're 58th in the country in fast break points, but 244th in turnovers. We may not get many opportunities to get out in transition but when we do we take them and usually score

Reaction Score
If you're a coach recruiting a player you use whatever stats you need to convince a recruit to come to your school. Hurley could just as easily tell a recruit UConn is one of the highest scoring teams in D1. 29th right now at 81.2 ppg. Most people would interpret that as a fast paced offense even though there are a lot of things that go into high scoring. UConn does it through efficiency.

Anyway, I doubt Sonon is picking a school based on the pace statistics no matter what he said in that quote.
We may play at a deliberate pace, but we are not a plodding offense like 2010s Wisconsin.

We are a complex offense that showcases our players' strengths.

Reaction Score
He could be a potential reclass for next year too right? Or am I thinking about someone else?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Joson is a shooter. He wants a pro offense that gets him good shots. What pro teams run a "transition offense"?
I agree, im just going by what he said.

Our offense is more of a European offense than a NBA offense too. NBA teams don’t move the ball THIS well to pretty much have an assist for every field goal. There’s a lot more iso in the NBA.

Regardless, I don’t see how he experiences what he saw today and not want a part of it.

Reaction Score
I dont get his comment, we run off defensive stops. How could he attend that game and not want to play for Hurley?

Reaction Score
How could he attend the Providence DePaul game and not want to vomit?
Anyone who goes to Providence is not about winning. Season win-loss records and post-season results don't lie. I question some recruits when I see their school lists.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Anyone who goes to Providence is not about winning. Season win-loss records and post-season results don't lie. I question some recruits when I see their school lists.
That aside, the game last night (even when they pulled way from a two score game to a route) was some of the ugliest basketball I've seen all year.

Reaction Score
What do you mean?
Reading between the lines, I’m guessing the kid’s primary motivation$ are going to result in him taking a bag to hang out in Coach Cal’s basketball study hall learning approximately nothing or skipping college entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom