Josh Carlton hoping to provide big presence for UConn men | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton hoping to provide big presence for UConn men

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
“Enoch is better skilled than him now, but I kind of compare those two, skill-wise,” the coach said. “He’s got great touch around the basket. Hopefully, he can come in and compete for some minutes.”

Of course, there’s one area where Ollie hopes Carlton can be better than Enoch.

“The only way they get on court is if they pick up defensive schemes,” the coach added. “Hopefully, he can do that.”

And here in lies the tale.

Reaction Score
“Enoch is better skilled than him now, but I kind of compare those two, skill-wise,” the coach said. “He’s got great touch around the basket. Hopefully, he can come in and compete for some minutes.”

Of course, there’s one area where Ollie hopes Carlton can be better than Enoch.

“The only way they get on court is if they pick up defensive schemes,” the coach added. “Hopefully, he can do that.”

And here in lies the tale.
While I absolutely agree that this speaks quite a bit to the lack of playing time this year for Durham and Enoch, and possibly some of the hard truths that Ollie may have told those guys and Jackson about their defense that may have been factors in their departure, I would have a lot easier time settling on this as the reason for the turnover if it weren't for the MAL decommitment. The things that have come out about Ollie not going to see him play, and resting on his heels with some things is indicative to more reasons for the defections than just defense which is unfortunate, but I am very hopeful is taken as a learning experience and righted going forward.

Reaction Score
ug. Just waiting for the season to start. Sick of all this talk talk talk. Need to see some ball. It will be what it will be. We'll probably know within a few games. G-d I need a hot start. Jalen comes out and scores 20+ for the first few games and we put a beating on whatever dregs we're playing and I'll have hope. Just need a little hope.

Reaction Score
While I absolutely agree that this speaks quite a bit to the lack of playing time this year for Durham and Enoch, and possibly some of the hard truths that Ollie may have told those guys and Jackson about their defense that may have been factors in their departure, I would have a lot easier time settling on this as the reason for the turnover if it weren't for the MAL decommitment. The things that have come out about Ollie not going to see him play, and resting on his heels with some things is indicative to more reasons for the defections than just defense which is unfortunate, but I am very hopeful is taken as a learning experience and righted going forward.
I may be incorrect but I believe Ollie did go see MAL play:
PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News
http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20...-makai-ashton-langford-has-familiar-skill-set

I believe I remember Tweets about him watching MAL also.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom