Josh Carlton for 3 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton for 3

Reaction Score
In a double OT win at Wichita State, Josh Carlton just went for 23 and 11 on 9 for 14 shooting. Including, in the second OT, his first career 3 in his five year career, when after a loose ball scramble he found himself with the ball at the 3 point line and the shot clock running down. Nothing but net. Seems to be a fine young man. Unless they play us in the Tourney, hope he makes a splash there as well.

Reaction Score
We need more Josh Carlton threads. Sometimes “I told you so” just doesn’t tell the whole story.
Josh is a UConn Alumni I believe he received a business degree. He also was a target of some on the board who love to complain about players. He really had little roll here
as Whaley has been pushed to the 4 spot by the emergence of Sonogo. Limited him only to match ups or foul trouble time. Not good in a year he is auditioning for the best paying job he can.
He was beaten out but never wined in fact he cheered enthusiastically especially for the other bigs.
That’s four good reasons to wish him success except if we meet.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Josh is a UConn Alumni I believe he received a business degree. He also was a target of some on the board who love to complain about players. He really had little roll here
as Whaley has been pushed to the 4 spot by the emergence of Sonogo. Limited him only to match ups or foul trouble time. Not good in a year he is auditioning for the best paying job he can.
He was beaten out but never wined in fact he cheered enthusiastically especially for the other bigs.
That’s four good reasons to wish him success except if we meet.
I agree with most of this but vehemently disagree with your spelling of Sanogo

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think he could be afforded meaningful minutes at UConn if he wanted to stay
I miss Josh C = always willing to talk to the fans when approached and was well spoken and polite, like CV.
He found a good place at Houston on an extremely competitive team that if they had their starting guards would be returning to the Final Four

Reaction Score
Any chance of Carlton getting a cup of coffee in the NBA?

Reaction Score
I wish nothing but the best for him. He gave us everything he had. If he had stayed he would get 6-8 minutes per game. He made the right move and it will pay off in $$$ For him and his family.

Reaction Score
From article:

To Carlton this constant skill repetition and attention to detail is part of why he wanted to come to Houston. In some ways, he didn’t even what he’d been missing until he got to the Third Ward.

“We work on touch here every day at U of H,” Carlton tells me. “Every day. To really work on that — the repetition every day — has just helped me be more comfortable with my touch. Coming in, I felt like my touch wasn’t there all the way. But working on it throughout the season, I feel like I’m to the point where I’m comfortable with my touch around the rim.”

Reaction Score
From article:

To Carlton this constant skill repetition and attention to detail is part of why he wanted to come to Houston. In some ways, he didn’t even what he’d been missing until he got to the Third Ward.

“We work on touch here every day at U of H,” Carlton tells me. “Every day. To really work on that — the repetition every day — has just helped me be more comfortable with my touch. Coming in, I felt like my touch wasn’t there all the way. But working on it throughout the season, I feel like I’m to the point where I’m comfortable with my touch around the rim.”

Someone has got to slip Danny the book of touch drills.

Reaction Score
Any chance of Carlton getting a cup of coffee in the NBA?
Considering this is a thread about his first 3 in his five-year career, I’m going to say no. But he’ll make good money somewhere.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
So happy for Josh. Carlton's situation is one of the rare "worked out for both parties" transfers.

On one hand, UConn doesn't see Sanogo emerge into an all-BE caliber player if we force minutes for Josh at center.

On the other hand, you can't expect Carlton to accept the role of back-up center when he'd be deserving of more (and he's proving it).

Although it would be nice to have Josh as back-up center to Sanogo (christ, could you imagine that depth luxury?!), that would not have been fair to Josh.

As others have said, I hope he keeps killing it for Houston, unless Houston finds themselves matched up with UConn.

Reaction Score
1645518131999.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom