John A.: Manuel's name pops up as Virginia Tech AD finalist | The Boneyard

John A.: Manuel's name pops up as Virginia Tech AD finalist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I think UConn should find a way to hold on to their top people. We lost a great football coach and may have been part of the ACC if we had him and he continued to build our football program in to a powerhouse. Now Warde . I hope UConn is watching.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not good news, but ... I see it like I see NFL salary cap issues - you can only spend so much on any particular aspect of an organization and there has to be some balance. Some organizations don't follow those rules and get way out of whack. No idea that he was considering moving on, but if someone is throwing silly money around you just have to say good luck and part ways.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
From Jim Fuller's football blog: http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/01/report-manuel-in-running-for-ad-job-at.html

There have been multiple reports that UConn director of athletics Warde Manuel is on the short list of candidates for the same job at Virginia Tech. However. Manuel released a statement saying that

"I am not a candidate, have not been interviewed nor have I been contacted by Virginia Tech about its Director of Athletics position despite some recent media reports. I am very happy as the Director of Athletics at UConn and look forward to continuing to work with President Herbst, my coaches, staff, student-athletes, donors and fans to enjoy a high level of continued success in athletics at UConn. I wish Virginia Tech all the best in their search to replace, one of the legends in our business, Jim Weaver.”

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
From Jim Fuller's football blog: http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/01/report-manuel-in-running-for-ad-job-at.html

There have been multiple reports that UConn director of athletics Warde Manuel is on the short list of candidates for the same job at Virginia Tech. However. Manuel released a statement saying that

"I am not a candidate, have not been interviewed nor have I been contacted by Virginia Tech about its Director of Athletics position despite some recent media reports. I am very happy as the Director of Athletics at UConn and look forward to continuing to work with President Herbst, my coaches, staff, student-athletes, donors and fans to enjoy a high level of continued success in athletics at UConn. I wish Virginia Tech all the best in their search to replace, one of the legends in our business, Jim Weaver.”
So basically he's saying he's already been hired by VT.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Nice to hear! Of course, that is probably what he would say even if, as Meyers humorously said, he was already hired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom