Joggers on the road | The Boneyard

Joggers on the road

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm driving on a slightly narrower road yesterday and see a jogger up ahead. Since a bunch of cars are coming the other way I slow down. It's an older guy and he's not going very fast. Turns out it was Paul Pasqualoni! God bless 'im, it was 80 degrees and very humid. I'm not jogging in that, I'm walking.

Reaction Score
God bless him is right.

I switched to treadmills when I was 38 or so to save my knees.

Reaction Score
I'm driving on a slightly narrower road yesterday and see a jogger up ahead. Since a bunch of cars are coming the other way I slow down. It's an older guy and he's not going very fast. Turns out it was Paul Pasqualoni! I roll down my window to say hello and he turns to look at me with a crazed look in his eyes and starts screaming "chunk plays! chunk plays!" I say "take it easy old man" and he stops running. Then he starts walking toward the trees and I say "hey Paul where are you going?" He yells back "my IPAD is missing, I think I left in these here woods." so I foolishly follow him as he walks aimlessly into the woods, then I yell to him "Paul I seriously doubt your IPAD would be in these trees" and as I say that the wind picks up, 40, 50, 60 mile gusts out of nowhere, I yell to Paul that i'm heading back to my car and as I say that he sprints past me screaming "the trees are slanting, the trees are slanting" and he was right, trees start falling over left and right and now i'm terrified. Paul is so fast and he is now about 100 feet ahead of me and I see him jump into my car, he starts the engine and he takes off, wheels screaming down the narrow road, and then he explicably and for no reason drives my car off the road and into the gutter.

Were you in a cold sweat when your wife woke you up from this nightmare?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm driving on a slightly narrower road yesterday and see a jogger up ahead. Since a bunch of cars are coming the other way I slow down. It's an older guy and he's not going very fast. Turns out it was Paul Pasqualoni! God bless 'im, it was 80 degrees and very humid. I'm not jogging in that, I'm walking.
Do you dream a lot?

Reaction Score
Last time I was on a treadmill was almost 20 years ago. I'll take 90 and humid or 20 and snowing over a treadmill every day of the week.
I run 1600+ miles per year and I tell people I only go on the dreadmill when there are extremely bad road conditions (ice or unplowed snow). In the last 15 years, I would say less than 10 times total. Summer heat/humidity or winter cold is no problem for me outside.

However, a few weeks ago, I was on it for the first time this year with a brand new reason: Canadian wildfire smoke. I did not want to be running outside in those horrible air quality conditions.

Reaction Score
I run 1600+ miles per year and I tell people I only go on the dreadmill when there are extremely bad road conditions (ice or unplowed snow). In the last 15 years, I would say less than 10 times total. Summer heat/humidity or winter cold is no problem for me outside.

However, a few weeks ago, I was on it for the first time this year with a brand new reason: Canadian wildfire smoke. I did not want to be running outside in those horrible air quality conditions.
I ran 20 miles a week for 40 years. Ran in everything, 98 degrees, 18 inches of snow, driving rain, 6 neighborhood dogs following me at 3 in the morning, ran by a house with a woman throwing all her husband’s things out on the front lawn.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think it would have been appropriate to throw an f bomb his way and let him know his suckitude and bringing his boy GD along screwed us over and led to the Diaco fiasco and RE2.0.

In the overall scheme of things, slowing down and throwing a 15 second rant his way wouldn't be uncalled for or unseemly.

Reaction Score
I like Coach P it was just past his time as an HC but he knows defenses.
The man knows more about football than just about anyone. Let's just say he found it difficult to transition back from the NFL (where motivation is never an issue) to CFB. I still admire him in many ways. And he loves the state of CT.

Reaction Score
God bless him is right.

I switched to treadmills when I was 38 or so to save my knees.
Cycling for lower body, kayaking with a wing paddle for the upper body, and skiing (Alpine and Nordic) in the winter. Some people do a lot of swimming which is also low impact. I just replaced a knee because of a torn meniscus 27 years ago running on highly crowned back roads in the Midwest. We had nursed it as far as possible. I do not recommend running at all even though I did an awful lot of it. Very hard on all subassemblies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If it had been Bob Diaco, would you have slowed down?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it would have been appropriate to throw an f bomb his way and let him know his suckitude and bringing his boy GD along screwed us over and led to the Diaco fiasco and RE2.0.

In the overall scheme of things, slowing down and throwing a 15 second rant his way wouldn't be uncalled for or unseemly.
seth meyers GIF

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

That's the first half. The key to good mental health is to not internalize that hate and let it eat away at you. Find the source of that hatred and fire away (verbally of course). Then move on.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
TBH, since HCJM got here, I rarely look in the RVM, FB-wise. I was surprised to see PP, I thought he moved.

Reaction Score
That's the first half. The key to good mental health is to not internalize that hate and let it eat away at you. Find the source of that hatred and fire away (verbally of course). Then move on.
I think we have been there, done that, and gotten the T-shirt. Time to look forward to something that could be quite special.

Reaction Score
Cycling for lower body, kayaking with a wing paddle for the upper body, and skiing (Alpine and Nordic) in the winter. Some people do a lot of swimming which is also low impact. I just replaced a knee because of a torn meniscus 27 years ago running on highly crowned back roads in the Midwest. We had nursed it as far as possible. I do not recommend running at all even though I did an awful lot of it. Very hard on all subassemblies.
I agree on running. You should add in weightlifting, it's extremely important as we age.

Reaction Score
Just ran the LHRR for the first time and I accomplished my goal of not stopping to walk on Gallows. That was brutal.
I was a runner as a kid. Ran all over the country for cross country and ran road races all over the state. Litchfield was the one race I hated. It was always extremely hot because of it's 1pm start time and Gallows was awful. I don't miss running at all.

Congrats to you...completing that race and not walking part of Gallows is a hell of an accomplishment in my book, it certainly isn't easy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom