OT: - JMU softball wins again | The Boneyard

OT: JMU softball wins again

Reaction Score
When OkSt had 2nd & 3rd, I thought for sure it was over.

Now "all" they have to do is beat 1 Okla, 2 UCLA, 3 Ala, or Ga on Sunday to make the finals.

Reaction Score
Wow!! James Madison and their pitching is tough! They are shocking the world. Only their fanbase saw this coming. The rest of us sports fans are enjoying this once in a lifetime run. Great pitching performance by Odicci Alexander. This squad is 41-2!! If they were playing in a bigger market, we would be hearing about how great this program has become. Now they are making the world pay attention. Well done, James Madison University.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I'm told there was a spectactular play near the end on behalf of JM...can someone....anyone...put a link here?

Thanks.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

Thanks for posting the clip. This was a fantastic play displaying athleticism and determination in equal measure.

Reaction Score
JMU has a third baseman who is a bundle of energy who is afraid of nothing. Great fielder and hitter. Did I mention that she is 4'11".

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the clip. This was a fantastic play displaying athleticism and determination in equal measure.
And she held onto the ball! However, that was not the end. Still, the potential tying and winning runs were on second and third with only one out and yet none of them scored.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
JM is now still undefeated.

When is their next game...day and time? Do we know their opponent?

Reaction Score
And she held onto the ball! However, that was not the end. Still, the potential tying and winning runs were on second and third with only one out and yet none of them scored.
OKST batting was atrocious. Non existent.

Reaction Score
1 Okla vs Ga now
Winner faces 2 UCLA this evening
Winner faces JMU on Sunday and needs to beat them twice. JMU needs to win once.

meanwhile
10 FSU v 11 Az this afternoon
Winner faces 5 Okla St tonight
Winner needs to beat 3 Ala twice on Sunday

I think OU battles back and wins top half, before losing to Alabama in finals.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
The play at the plate is one of the best I have ever seen. For those seeing it on a replay real time is much better than slo-mo.
Would really enjoy a JMU vs Bama final WCWS. For me the two best pitchers in the tourney. Both teams with power and speed to burn.

Reaction Score
1 Okla def Ga 8-0
2 UCLA v 1 Okla this evening
Winner faces JMU on Sunday and needs to beat them twice. JMU needs to win once.

meanwhile
10 FSU def 11 Az 4-3
5 Okla St v 10 FSU tonight
Winner needs to beat 3 Ala twice on Sunday

I think OU battles back and wins top half, before losing to Alabama in finals.

Last edited:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Help me here:

If JM wins the first game they play today, do they automatically reach the finals on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday...a 2 out of 3 deal? They play no more games today?

If they lose that game, can they still advance to the final two teams on Monday by winning a second game played today?

Go JM!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Help me here:

If JM wins the first game they play today, do they automatically reach the finals on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday...a 2 out of 3 deal? They play no more games today?

If they lose that game, can they still advance to the final two teams on Monday by winning a second game played today?

Go JM!
Yes.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Help me here:

Go JM!
Win and advance for JMU and Bama. Lose and play second game .

Reaction Score
I've been rooting for James Madison too.

They have a tall task in front of them today. Oklahoma is on fire. I was hoping UCLA would have beat them last night. JMU beat Oklahoma once, not sure if they can do it again.

Reaction Score
JMU has been nibbling on the edge of the WCWS with good pitching for several years now making the tournament for several years. They just haven't been able to make it out of the regionals prior to this year. Their program has been building and they have the potential to become a regular in the super regional round of the tournament.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
EDT: 4:00

ESPN
JMU/Oklahoma
Florida State/Alabama

Both are elimination games. Winners play best of 3 starting Tuesday.

Note Oklahoma was national overall #1 prior to tourney.
These games have been entertaining...regardless of rooting interest.

Go JMU!

Reaction Score
Agree. Really interesting games so far.

I was surprised Alabama lost yesterday. Even without Fouts I think they're pretty good. I imagine she will be pitching tonight.

I predict Oklahoma vs Alabama in Finals, but you never know.

Reaction Score
JMU just doesn't score enough runs. That's puts a whole lot of pressure on your pitching and defense. You can't make any mistakes. So far JMU has made very few mistakes. It's hard to maintain that with so much pressure on every pitch.

Looking at the 4 teams that are left, you can see the difference between the big guys and the little guys. It's depth. JMU has 3-4 very good players whereas the other 3 teams have 10-12 very good players each.

I would like to see JMU win today, but my gut says that Oklahoma will run rule them. I do think moving the game to today helps JMU more than Oklahoma.

If not for JMU, everyone would be talking about Florida State as a 10 seed making it to the semis. They are "sneaky" good. I would not be surprised if they beat Alabama again today.

It has been a very entertaining tournament and I look forward to the remaining 4 or 5 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom