OT: - JMU beats Oklahoma in WCWS | The Boneyard

OT: JMU beats Oklahoma in WCWS

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Yes there is a Santa Clause. Only 2nd unranked team to win 1st game in WCSBWS, or at least a long time. As someone who coached Women's softball for 46 years this is awesome for me and the game. Both pitchers throwing around 70 mph. Loved it!

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I watched the game and it was an exciting game. JMU eliminated my Mizzou team. I am pulling for JMU. Hey, MooseJaw, we have something in common. We are both former Women's softball coaches, although you probably coached fast pitch. I coached slow pitch for over 30 years..

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I watched the game and it was an exciting game. JMU eliminated my Mizzou team. I am pulling for JMU. Hey, MooseJaw, we have something in common. We are both former Women's softball coaches, although you probably coached fast pitch. I coached slow pitch for over 30 years..
I started coaching slow pitch at the age of 18, a 20 team league of Jr. high girls. I moved up to High school young women. For a long time I coached both high school women as well as a senior women's travel teams. All slow pitch, all in Illinois. I started coaching fast pitch when I moved to Ga. where I coached for 6 years until I retired. I enjoyed slow pitch much more, there is so much more action in slow pitch. Often in fast pitch it's a pitcher catcher game with one two innings where there is a scoring threat.
We will have to trade some of our softball stories, I am sure that in over 30 years you have some great memories to share.

Reaction Score
Well, well, well. I must say I am getting a kick out of this. Oklahoma will have to climb their way out of the loser's bracket. I don't usually watch rebroadcasts of games when I know the outcome but I might have to make an exception for this one. Looking forward to seeing how the tournament shakes itself out. Now, if FSU can upset UCLA tonight my day will be complete. ;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Well, well, well. I must say I am getting a kick out of this. Oklahoma will have to climb their way out of the loser's bracket. I don't usually watch rebroadcasts of games when I know the outcome but I might have to make an exception for this one. Looking forward to seeing how the tournament shakes itself out. Now, if FSU can upset UCLA tonight my day will be complete. ;)
The JMU games was worth a look. While you pull for FSU, I will be cheering for Bama girls at 18;00 CT. This is always a great sporting event.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The JMU games was worth a look. While you pull for FSU, I will be cheering for Bama girls at 18;00 CT. This is always a great sporting event.
Go Wildcats! Sorry Bama, huge Mike Candrea fan here since 1990 when I attended my first game in Tucson. As a longtime Raybestos Brakettes fan since 1970, I am always attentive to this time of year!

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
I started coaching slow pitch at the age of 18, a 20 team league of Jr. high girls. I moved up to High school young women. For a long time I coached both high school women as well as a senior women's travel teams. All slow pitch, all in Illinois. I started coaching fast pitch when I moved to Ga. where I coached for 6 years until I retired. I enjoyed slow pitch much more, there is so much more action in slow pitch. Often in fast pitch it's a pitcher catcher game with one two innings where there is a scoring threat.
We will have to trade some of our softball stories, I am sure that in over 30 years you have some great memories to share.

Yes, we will. I agree with you that slow pitch is much more enjoyable. In fast pitch all is really needed is an outstanding pitcher and catcher. I thought you would laugh at me when I said I coached slow pitch. Some fast pitch fans look down on slow pitch ball. I've seen players come from fast pitch to slow pitch who played third base and would position themselves close to home plate like they did in fast pitch. I said no, no, no, you don't want to do that.:confused: They quickly learned.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Go Wildcats! Sorry Bama, huge Mike Candrea fan here since 1990 when I attended my first game in Tucson. As a longtime Raybestos Brakettes fan since 1970, I am always attentive to this time of year!
I like Candrea and Arizona too, but my kid went to Bama, and my wife is a native Bama lady. So I cheer for Bama.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Montana Fouts is a beast on the mound with that rise ball and 73 MPH fastball! Rachel Garcia May hit 68 or 69 while Fouts is regularly over 70.
This is impressive.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Montana Fouts is a beast on the mound with that rise ball and 73 MPH fastball! Rachel Garcia May hit 68 or 69 while Fouts is regularly over 70.
This is impressive.
she has been fantastic lately. A joy to watch her

Bama fan

Reaction Score
@DefenseBB hope you saw Ms Fouts run over to shake Candrea's hand. She is a class kid. 16 Ks against a really good hitting team. Big win for Bama , as we have lost the first game many years in a row.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Montana Fouts is a storybook name. She can't help but be a winner. Ever since I heard her name and watched her pitch, I have been pulling for her.

Reaction Score
Thanks to JMU, the tournament is setting up well for UCLA and Alabama. Florida State has the pitching but their offense is marginal at best. They have to play a perfect game to win against these teams in the WCWS. They didn't do that last night. Still many good matchups and games to go!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Montana Fouts is a storybook name. She can't help but be a winner. Ever since I heard her name and watched her pitch, I have been pulling for her.
Middle name Brady?

Reaction Score
This is impressive.
I agree, Montana Fouts is a special talent. Reminds me of Jennie Finch in many ways. Both pitched exceptionally well and both appear to be beautiful inside and out.

However, had you watched UCLA beat Florida State last night you'd have noticed Garcia's ball was regularly clocking 70-71 ... as it has been most of this season! Additionally, there is more to pitching than speed. Garcia has been the USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year for the last two seasons it was awarded. She placed second this season behind Jocelyn Alo of Oklahoma. She's also going to the Olympics.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I like Candrea and Arizona too, but my kid went to Bama, and my wife is a native Bama lady. So I cheer for Bama.
I was blessed to coach an amazing young lady in the 1980's, she was one of the fastest runners I ever worked with. Switch to 2021 her youngest daughter Dallis Goodnight has received a full ride to play for Bama for the next 4 years, Watch for her, she is every bit as fast as momma was and one of the best center fielders I have every seen.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I was blessed to coach an amazing young lady in the 1980's, she was one of the fastest runners I ever worked with. Switch to 2021 her youngest daughter Dallis Goodnight has received a full ride to play for Bama for the next 4 years, Watch for her, she is every bit as fast as momma was and one of the best center fielders I have every seen.
Can't wait to see her in Tuscaloosa. Bama graduates nearly the entire starting team. New players will be needed and will see a lot of playing time. Thanks for the heads up. Roll Tide!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
JMU Phenom Pitcher Odicci Alexander not only had a 3 hitter but made the critical tag out on the potential tying run. What a performance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom