Jimmy C making moves | The Boneyard

Jimmy C making moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting... will they mope around, or will they buck up and fight for their starting spots?

Reaction Score
aaVfe.png

FS4AL.png

Reaction Score
Hopefully this will light a fire under the team. Show them that they need to earn their playing time.

Reaction Score
I really hope they uptempo the game. Plenty of reserve power in TO, AO, DD, and SN. Time to put the 48 and 57 point BS in the rearview mirror.

Reaction Score
This is like flavor of the week.. Giffey, DD, now Roscoe..I guess he s giving anyone with the nuts to make a difference a shot.

Reaction Score
Both Giffey and Roscoe. Looks like Lamb might have to be option number 1, 2, and 3 on offense.

Reaction Score
Both Giffey and Roscoe. Looks like Lamb might have to be option number 1, 2, and 3 on offense.
I actually like this. Without other "scorers" in the game, hopefully this lineup encourages Lamb and Drummond to be more aggressive on offense.

Reaction Score
I really hope they uptempo the game. Plenty of reserve power in TO, AO, DD, and SN. Time to put the 48 and 57 point BS in the rearview mirror.

Absolutely, that's a pretty long (other than Boat), athletic 5 that should be able to do some damage in the open court. I think with Boat's ability to penetrate we'll see a few easy dunks for Roscoe and Andre too. Let the horses run Jimmy.

Reaction Score
Roscoe still plays plays on the team? I believe hes the one that got lost in the shuffle this season. Hes in intense player and i hope he brings it at Georgetown

Reaction Score
I like the idea of Bazz coming off the bench the rest of the way this season, he seemed to thrive last season as the sixth man. Maybe this can rejuvinate him, and be our version of Jason Terry someone who can give us instant offense off the bench.

Reaction Score
I like the moves and think that is our best starting lineup. We just don't have lots of talented offensive players on this team. We will have to win with defense and running the ball and trying to get some easy baskets. I definitely think this is the best line to do so. We also now have a shooter on the bench which is great. I guess we will find out tomorrow if it works.

C

Chief00

I commented last game that was the best line-up. Giffey was underplayed last game given his solid play of late. Boat played the best defense against ND.

I can tell you exactly what is wrong - not everyone trusts Bazz as their leader. He has missed too many guys when they are opened and then dribbled down the shot clock and thrown up a tough shot. I also think Calhoun is very frustrated with Bazz not taken advantage of running opportunities.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Isn't Roscoe from the Washington DC/Baltimore area? He played well against Bucknell in the NCAAs last year in the same building we'll be in tomorrow night...I think he'll show up tomorrow.

Reaction Score
This smells of desperation. Almost like when they benched the 2010 seniors when they were getting killed by USF. They have retooled and retooled and retooled the starting lineup this year and it's changed nothing.

Nobody wants to admit it but the play of Napier and Oriakhi this year has destroyed this teams potential. Nobody on this board expected them to be this bad this year. No one. They are the reason we are sitting at the brink on Feb 1st. They can change the starting lineup all they want but eveyone knows that's the problem. Niels Giffey or Roscoe or Deandre starting is not why this team is losing to unranked teams at home and struggling to break 60 points.

Everyone before the season said the keys would be A.) If Jeremy Lamb can be the MAN and B.) Can Napier be an effective starting PG and leader. A.) is an incomplete and B.) is a No. And Oriakhi added a whole new ? that no one was anticipating prior to this year. He was our MVP of the Final 4 (whether he won it or not). And now? How can his play be explained? To go from that to what he is now is a setback we simply can't overcome with a freshman and Olander down low. I can only hope Alex handles this benching better than the way he handled the one in Atlantis in Dec.

Reaction Score
This needs to happen, a shakeup is in order. It's obvious Bazz is struggling a ton getting us into any sort of offense and his teammates have lost faith in him as the starting pg. I'm not expecting Boat to be a savior but I think he will push the tempo much more and it should help Bazz's game coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
Hopefully this will light a fire under the team. Show them that they need to earn their playing time.
Has more to do with putting the best team on the floor at this point in the season than lighting fires and getting certain players to play harder, IMHO. I also like the idea of Napier coming off the bench well rested like he did last year.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I've gotta say I don't understand the love affair many Boneyarders have with Giffey. Even though he has struggled, I still prefer Daniels to start based on his length and skill set. Giffey makes me very nervous when he touches the ball in anything but an open three point shot position. I see him as a guy who should come off the bench for some set plays to knock down a few shots after time outs. He seems very tentative at times. I find myself yelling at the TV screen to protect the ball and step to receive passes instead of waiting for the ball to get to him. I definitely agree with starting Boatright and Smith but as we have seen from Calhoun's line-ups dujour this season, I'm more interested in seeing them get 'starters minutes' and also not getting yanked for making a mistake.

Reaction Score
Has more to do with putting the best team on the floor at this point in the season than lighting fires IMO.
Yeah, but the fact is we need Shabazz and AO to play their best to succeed this season. I really hope they take this as "lets get out together" rather than "smh, duck this"

Reaction Score
Can anyone remember such roster changes going into Feb? I mean with no injuries or suspensions.

He is not coddling egos that's for sure.

Reaction Score
I've gotta say I don't understand the love affair many Boneyarders have with Giffey. Even though he has struggled, I still prefer Daniels to start based on his length and skill set. Giffey makes me very nervous when he touches the ball in anything but an open three point shot position. I see him as a guy who should come off the bench for some set plays to knock down a few shots after time outs. He seems very tentative at times. I find myself yelling at the TV screen to protect the ball and step to receive passes instead of waiting for the ball to get to him. I definitely agree with starting Boatright and Smith but as we have seen from Calhoun's line-ups dujour this season, I'm more interested in seeing them get 'starters minutes' and also not getting yanked for making a mistake.
I think JC has it more than the Boneyard. Gotta love how hard he plays though. And you kind of have that panic when ANYONE touches the ball other than SN, JL, or RB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom