Jim Mora: Something feels different | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora: Something feels different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Recent commitment from Sheffield of Purdue has me wondering about the concerns that Coach Mora has been less than engaged.
There is an expectation of a modest exodus from the FB roster after Spring practice. We will then have an opportunity to upgrade our current roster. In order to effectively take advantage of this opportunity due diligence would require:
1. A lot of ear to the ground detective type work to find out who might be leaving other programs
2. A robust evaluation process.
3. Official visit arranged PDQ
4. Seal the deals
Would imagine Coach Mora might be pretty focused on this process.

Reaction Score
Maybe he learned to stop fluffing the fanbase with BS,
like the ACC, B12 talk over the last two years..
What did he say to the fanbase about UConn possibly joining the ACC or Big12? I don't recall him saying anything. There was some talk of recruits being told things; not sure where that was coming from. But I don't think Mora said anything publicly about it, until the Big 12 was obviously not going to happen.

Reaction Score
Never really worried about the other three coaches bailing...UConn football doesn't have that luxury. I don't want a loud mouth, but having some voice and excitement going into spring practice would be appreciated.
this would be my point, i don't remember springs being quiet like this.

Reaction Score
Why is it important to some people that Mora be active at all on social media? Geno almost never does anything, Calhoun never did anything, Hurley minimal. Some FBS coaches aren't even on Twitter/X at all (Bill O'Brien is an example). Chill out and let the guy coach.
If I’m reading correctly, it’s the change in Mora that’s causing some questions….
Going from an active presence to not active is different than never being active.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
He tweeted yesterday. Don’t know how to put it here.

One UConn football related tweet which is good. But he still has time to tweet about golf, yet does not have time to congratulate the men’s basketball team going back to back. Still seems weird to me even if he’s in his “shut up and win games mode.” I would use it as brand builder for recruiting, but what the hell do I know.

Reaction Score

One UConn football related tweet which is good. But he still has time to tweet about golf, yet does not have time to congratulate the men’s basketball team going back to back. Still seems weird to me even if he’s in his “shut up and win games mode.” I would use it as brand builder for recruiting, but what the hell do I know.

It does seem weird.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score

Yep, that's the point I made on Sunday... He chose to tweet about something totalyl unrelated to the university, like a washed up Tiger needs to be celebrated by our football coach, but no frelling mention of UConn athletics or even some euphemistic "I'm was pumped watching the MBB dominate and hope this energizes the football team to show UConn can compete..."

Reaction Score
He’s in a no win situation if he tweets pans loses people will complain and say he shouldn’t be tweeting. If he doesn’t tweet(well we see how it’s going)

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He’s in a no win situation if he tweets pans loses people will complain and say he shouldn’t be tweeting. If he doesn’t tweet(well we see how it’s going)
i don’t remember anyone complaining Mora was tweeting too much in the past.

One of Mora’s strongest qualities was leaderhip…at least we thought. A big part of leadership is communication which is a strength of his. The only thing that gave me hope last year in loss after loss was to hear Mora share he was as disappointed in his team’s play as I was. He took accountability and promised change. He also seemed to publicly embrace his role as a voice for the university.

Change has happened…he has a new DC and a new OC…and he has decided so far to not talk about it. I still believe we will hear from him soon, but it’s fair for fans to wonder why a coach who is a strong communicator..has stopped communicating. If it’s a personal change in communication strategy..fine…then say that.

Maybe there is a good reason…and maybe there isn’t. But there has been a noticable change.

Reaction Score
i don’t remember anyone complaining Mora was tweeting too much in the past.

One of Mora’s strongest qualities was leaderhip…at least we thought. A big part of leadership is communication which is a strength of his. The only thing that gave me hope last year in loss after loss was to hear Mora share he was as disappointed in his team’s play as I was. He took accountability and promised change. He also seemed to publicly embrace his role as a voice for the university.

Change has happened…he has a new DC and a new OC…and he has decided so far to not talk about it. I still believe we will hear from him soon, but it’s fair for fans to wonder why a coach who is a strong communicator..has stopped communicating. If it’s a personal change in communication strategy..fine…then say that.

Maybe there is a good reason…and maybe there isn’t. But there has been a noticable change.
Hear hear. Well said.

The guy’s the voice over on the UConn promo commercials for chrissakes
Now, he’s essentially muzzled - either self imposed or not.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Something happened. Mora from two years ago would have been talking up the championship.
We know what visibly occured (regressing season, loss of key talent to the portal, lack of significant portal signings to counter the outgoing transfers, loss of coaches). I wonder if he sees the MBB program and realized that the uni will never be able to invest in it support football the way it has for basketball. All that and going into his third year without the program on a solid footing, in that he's still building the team...ah, it's all speculation. I hope he can shake off the funk.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Something happened. Mora from two years ago would have been talking up the championship.
He posted nothing about last year’s championship on instagram either. Again, no X so I can’t speak for that platform. He does virtually nothing on Facebook.

Reaction Score
He posted nothing about last year’s championship on instagram either. Again, no X so I can’t speak for that platform. He does virtually nothing on Facebook.
hmmmm... ok. I just remember him coming in like a ball of fire... i dunno.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
ehh idk, is it all that big he didn't say anything about the natty? I sort of understand the process of thinking but we're talking about a head coach of a college football team, his job is an everyday almost every hour thing got to think he has close to no time for social media, especially after last year.

Reaction Score
We know what visibly occured (regressing season, loss of key talent to the portal, lack of significant portal signings to counter the outgoing transfers, loss of coaches). I wonder if he sees the MBB program and realized that the uni will never be able to invest in it support football the way it has for basketball. All that and going into his third year without the program on a solid footing, in that he's still building the team...ah, it's all speculation. I hope he can shake off the funk.
IMO, the only way to shake off funk (if coach is even experiencing that) is hard work. The TJ signing gives me hope that Coach Mora is just busy getting the team ready to win more.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I disagree. Mora was one of the biggest supporters of all the sports teams at the university. He would rock his Hook C hat and tweet about all the programs. Really engrained himself into the AD with all the programs. For him to completely ignore a major achievement from our bball team is concerning. I think you all are a little too crazy if you think it's because he's worried they're successful and he's not.

I still come back to his removal of all UConn in his social media profiles. That is something I still can't explain away.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I still come back to his removal of all UConn in his social media profiles. That is something I still can't explain away.
Jim Mora’s instagram is “uconncoachmora”, where he made UConn football posts as recently as April 3rd, March 31st, and March 26.

Jim Mora’s Twitter/X is “CoachJimMoraFB”. He posted about UConn football YESTERDAY, about half a dozen tweets about Christian Haynes on 4/6, a few more UConn football tweets on 4/3… plenty of UConn football posts on both platforms.

The narrative that Jim Mora removed all UConn in his social media profiles is just false. This thread should have died a long time ago. Now let’s be like coach and focus on actual football!

Reaction Score
Jim Mora’s instagram is “uconncoachmora”, where he made UConn football posts as recently as April 3rd, March 31st, and March 26.

Jim Mora’s Twitter/X is “CoachJimMoraFB”. He posted about UConn football YESTERDAY, about half a dozen tweets about Christian Haynes on 4/6, a few more UConn football tweets on 4/3… plenty of UConn football posts on both platforms.

The narrative that Jim Mora removed all UConn in his social media profiles is just false. This thread should have died a long time ago. Now let’s be like coach and focus on actual football!
I agree with you, but I think what people mean is in the “bios” below the username he no longer has UConn listed on any of his profiles, not necessarily what he’s posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom