Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thank you Jim. It's been a great ride:

Star_Trek_Spock_Live_Long_and_Prosper-T-link.jpg

Reaction Score
Channel 30?

Kevin Nathan@KevinNathanNBC
Coach Calhoun told me that "nothing is finalized," but a source close to Calhoun tells me his retirement is "imminent

Reaction Score
I don't live in conn just repeated what the tweet said..... Wonder whats next though

Reaction Score
"Jim Calhoun to retire"... four words I hoped never to see. Sad day for UConn fans everywhere.

Reaction Score
Kevin Nathan@KevinNathanNBC
Source very close to Coach Calhoun tells me he'd be "shocked" if Calhoun doesn't retire before the season starts.

Reaction Score
if true it's been a great ride. i respect the hell out of that man and what he's done for this university and this state cannot be overstated.

nevertheless, we need to search for the best replacement. if that happens to be KO great, but i hope we don't just default to him.

Reaction Score
UConn's G.O.A.T. Greatest of all time. Thanks all the great years, and for turning me into a UConn fan in all things in the sixth grade.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Knew this day would have to come at some point. Hard pill to swallow.

Thank you Jim Calhoun. You're an absolute legend. You've (probably more than anyone else) helped build this university into a top institution athletically, and indirectly, academically.

You will be missed and everyone associated with UConn owes you a debt of gratitude.

Thank you, Coach.

caw

Reaction Score
The greatest program builder in the modern era, IMO. A fantastic game coach, talent evaluator, recruiter and teacher. One of the best ever. Sure, he was rough around the edges to be polite but UConn fans, students and players owe him a lot. Hope he can enjoy retirement and lives a nice long one in the sun, assuming this is true.

Reaction Score

Sad, sad day.
Thank you, Jim. You've done a university and an entire state proud. You are a true hero. You've taught many the true meanings of resolve, perseverance, diligence, leadership, and working towards a better community. And you've made a lot of our winters that much more bearable. Here's to sustained health and happiness. Thank you.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Sad day for the state of Connecticut, the University, the fans, and the current and former players.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
More than just a Coach... a true maker of men.

And one of the last of a dying breed.

We're lucky to have had him as long as we did, and as such, I feel only gratitude.

Goodbye! :::sheds tear:::

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
A true legend and one of the best coaches of all time.

Calhoun is and always will be UConn Basketball

Thanks, Coach.

Reaction Score
This is really sad. I know this is probably best for the program, but I cant even think of us without JC. Also really sad that the NCAA screwed our program and he has to leave it in this state. Especially, since the BE is falling apart and our future may be in trouble. But this is not time to focus on how possibly screwed we may be. Now is the time to remember all he did for our program. The greatest college basketball coach of all time. Did the best job building a program of any coach ever. JC, the greatest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom