Jerry Meyer back to predicting UConn for Abu | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jerry Meyer back to predicting UConn for Abu

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

PC's package deal and Fab 5 on way to exploding as I predicted. With that package strategy imploding its tough for them to give other selling points.

Reaction Score
I don't know how Gottfried continues to do it, the wasteland of talented studs he signed at Bama that turned into nothing should've been enough to have recruits steer clear of him.

Reaction Score
Cooley has a skin condition. We all get that. But he could do a number of things to lessen the visual impact and improve his appearance. One would have to be a "dolt" to not understand that. I say he invests in the hat.

Doesn't bother me at all.

Reaction Score
These rumored package deals happen maybe .02% of the time.

I think a good rule of thumb is to never believe them until they happen.

Reaction Score
It low class hoss. But you go ahead an stay classy.

I completely agree. If we want to jibber jabber with PC fans and bust on eachother, thats fine. However, I do agree that we should not be asses and put someone down for an unavoidable physical ailment / condition. We certainly would not like that if PC fans busted on us or one of our players in this manner.

Lets stay classy and show PC what is means to be a UCONN FAN.

Reaction Score
For another perspective, I'll post this. Found this from the PC board coming from an NC State fan:
Just posting on this site for the first time, but I do have over 7000 post on the NC State Scout site. Decided to come over and join your discussion on Abdul Malik Abu.

Let me begin by saying your coach, Ed Cooley, has done an amazing job in turning your recruiting efforts around. I respect what he is trying to accomplish and I think joining the 'New' Big East will be great for Prov. BBall.

Second, I am not a fan of the UConn program at all, so if we dont get Abu, I hope you guys do and he does not end up playing in the AAC(what a joke of a conference right now)

Now that the niceties are out of the way, I will get to the point.

There was a lot of behind the scenes type info about the Abu and his visit to NC State. Sources close to the staff were saying the Wolfpack made a strong move on Abu in July(Coach Gott was there with Cooley at every event) and his visit went great. I heard we were very close to sealing the deal with him and we are still in great shape in this recruitment. Not trying to brag or bring down this board, just telling you what little I can find out about this one. Even some of the Florida people feel like NC State has made a move to the top in this one. I thought it was a bad sign when Black eliminated FLA while Abu was visiting, but I dont think the Gators won him over like they had hoped to do. I dont know how the UConn visit will go, but I do not agree that they are the leader 'as of now'. We were all hearing the same things about BeeJay Anya and Anthony "Cat" Barber and Coach Gottfried reeled both of them in last season.

Reaction Score
Coach Gott? The worst game coach in the NCAAs? Have fun AMA.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
For another perspective, I'll post this. Found this from the PC board coming from an NC State fan:

Wow, if a guy with over 7000 posts on the NC State board says it, it must be true.

I mean, look at all this inside info: Gottfried recruited Abu and someone told this guy that NC State was close to signing him.

I say we give up now.

Reaction Score
Wow, if a guy with over 7000 posts on the NC State board says it, it must be true.

I mean, look at all this inside info: Gottfried recruited Abu and someone told this guy that NC State was close to signing him.

I say we give up now.
Yep. I like how his source indicated to him that only the only coaches at every event for Abu were Gottfried and Cooley. Malarkey. Anyways, I figured I would just post that because it seems that every fanbase appears to be comfortable and confident with their shot at Abu, and no one probably has any idea besides Abu, his family and his coach.

Reaction Score
Nc state fans salty that their fab frosh had finally seen the light and fled Raleigh for Storrs.

Reaction Score
Coach Gott? The worst game coach in the NCAAs? Have fun AMA.
I did appreciate how in 2004 he pulled Alabama fans out of the crowd, put jerseys on them, and had them play us in an Elite 8 game.

At least that's what I thought at the time. Turns out it was the actual Alabama basketball team.

Reaction Score
In my opinion Purvis transferring here helps us. If your down to 2 schools (us and NC State) and someone left one to go to the other, that has to trigger some red flags. I hope Purvis talks to him how he wasted two years of his life (one cuz of the redshirt year) by going to NC State instead of Uconn. Granite, Purvis's big reason for transferring was play style/chance to play PG and Abu is big man, but coming from someone who spent a year at NC State, his words must hold some weight.

Reaction Score

HAHA crazier things have happened so I guess there is still some hope for PC. You did bring up an interesting dynamic I didn't think of though, clearly Gottfried told Abu anything you hear from Purvis is crap. I can't even imagine all the things bull#%*! Abu has/will hear if not from this situation, but from the fact one of head coaches recruiting him, played at the other school recruiting.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
NCS kid going to PC board and knocking UConn is just a sour grapes post over Purvis. If PC gets Abu you can bet he goes to the Nova forum and p*sses on PC.:)

Hard to read the tea leaves. Abu has a 36 hour visit with NCS and less than 8 hours with Fl. What does that say? Nothing. This kid could know lots about Fl and little about NCS and needed those times to make his evaluation.

As they say it ain't over until it's over. We're one of four and we'll have to sweat this one out until he announces.

Reaction Score
Having followed recruiting a long time - I don't think anything is ever definite until they puke in a bucket on Oct. 15 of their freshman year. Then they are in.

Unless they are leaning to another school - then I think it is over.

Reaction Score
In my opinion Purvis transferring here helps us. If your down to 2 schools (us and NC State) and someone left one to go to the other, that has to trigger some red flags. I hope Purvis talks to him how he wasted two years of his life (one cuz of the redshirt year) by going to NC State instead of Uconn. Granite, Purvis's big reason for transferring was play style/chance to play PG and Abu is big man, but coming from someone who spent a year at NC State, his words must hold some weight.

Let's face it Mark Gottfried is not synonomus with getting guys drafted to NBA(see undrafted CJ Leslie and Richard Howell as the latest examples).

At least with KO been there(NBA) done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom