2023 Recruiting: - Jeremy Fears | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Jeremy Fears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The first time I saw Fears was a Luminiere game that I watched because of our interest in another player. I commented on the boneyard that I actually felt sorry for the point guard because he was so overmatched that he didn't belong on the court at that level of play. It was Fears and he may have been stripped of the ball dribbling or had his passes intercepted a dozen or more times. I was shocked to see him as a ranked player, and, to my surprise, he was the point guard that was opposing Team Final at Peach Jam (possibly in the finals), and played well in that game. Go figure. Still, I can't get excited after seeing the downside.

Reaction Score
If Kastle isn't a pure PG, lets keep chasing "The Floor General". I believe Kastle is a multi-talented combo guard, but we keep seeing over and over that we need a PG with serious moxie.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I dont believe Castle will actually be the shortest player on the court when he plays. I'm sure the staff could just brand them both PGs if it makes them happy.

Reaction Score
I dont believe Castle will actually be the shortest player on the court when he plays. I'm sure the staff could just brand them both PGs if it makes them happy.
Agreed. The best UConn teams in more recent memory have had two legit PGs starting together. Castle being 6’6 also helps. Him and Jr year Diggins will start next to each other which will be a lot of fun

Reaction Score
D383B0BD-A246-4F82-BC47-695C3220AA04.jpeg

Seems like Castle is all for it

Reaction Score
What's odd is the other 4 are Midwest teams. Hmmmm and then Castle chirps in?

GIF by Cartoon Hangover

Reaction Score
The first time I saw Fears was a Luminiere game that I watched because of our interest in another player. I commented on the boneyard that I actually felt sorry for the point guard because he was so overmatched that he didn't belong on the court at that level of play. It was Fears and he may have been stripped of the ball dribbling or had his passes intercepted a dozen or more times. I was shocked to see him as a ranked player, and, to my surprise, he was the point guard that was opposing Team Final at Peach Jam (possibly in the finals), and played well in that game. Go figure. Still, I can't get excited after seeing the downside.
I'm not sure about the game you watched, but I know he was playing up a year at Peach Jam. That's the only time I saw him but he looked great in those games

Reaction Score
I'm not sure about the game you watched, but I know he was playing up a year at Peach Jam. That's the only time I saw him but he looked great in those games

I think it was La Lumiere vs Sierra Canyon. I watched the same game... Fears was awful. Streakiness should be expected with young talents though. I'd take him in a heartbeat, but I kind doubt it happens with Castle committed.

Reaction Score
He’s pretty good.Can pass. Great kid. Worker. Dads a good dude. Little brother should be high major as well. Believe hes leaving lalu after this year to play with little brother in hometown.

Reaction Score
What's odd is the other 4 are Midwest teams. Hmmmm and then Castle chirps in?

GIF by Cartoon Hangover
I always feel good when we make a final list where "one of these things is not like the others". And, when we have the company like his final 5.

Is there proof we've backed from Fears? I think a true PG (and a combo guard) could easily play alongside Castle because Stephon is so versatile and seems to equally like being a scorer or distributor (look at Newton game footage and you see how he moves the ball around AND finishes).

Given how we are so concerned about the current team's lack of handle, I'm surprised that there's concern about the Fears/Castle overlap but of course this is the Boneyard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom