OT: - Jeopardy Host Search | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Jeopardy Host Search

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Or maybe a video link with Walt Disney's head from Orlando.
Interesting idea, I'll let my friend in Burbank know about it. He said they were thinking of Walter Cronkite, but they did not have enough footage of Walter walking.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
A friend of mine who works in Burbank said that the producers, working with 25 years of tape and AI (artificial intelligence), will bring back Alex Trebek as the host.
Please. You disrespect Art Fleming. Yeah , I’m ancient. Haven’t been keeping up with the hosting carousel.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What is "yes"?

I'm as confused as you are. Seems like there is still a group of people who watch it on TV at its scheduled time. No streaming, no DVR'ing and watching later.

I honestly just thought it was reruns. Turns out Wheel of Fortune churns out new shows too.
It's on at 7pm here, perfect timing for eating dinner.

I wouldn't DVR it, and there's really no reason to stream it. Maybe if I retire to Europe that will become necessary.

Reaction Score
Ken is the answer. He’s as close to being synonymous with Jeopardy as Trebek was.
I know Ken has said some controversial things in the past but he definitely has earned the right to be the full time host. My main thing was I hoped it wasn't someone who would make the show political or divert attention from the players. Jeopardy is a player driven show not a celebrity driven show, Alex understood that and I think Ken does too.

Jeopardy over the years substituted family dinners. That was family time. Awesome show, I still go back to my parents house at least once a week to watch with them.

Reaction Score
Yeah why don't ya gimme ape tit for $200?

I thought the best guest host was the guy they picked and then canned, the producer.

Reaction Score
Fk Joe Buck please don’t ruin my 7:30 appointment with that arrogant pos.

The Big Bang Theory girl was better anyway.
Im an occassional viewer of Jeopardy and caught an episode the other day with her as host and i thought she was jsut perfect. She should get the gig.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
And Amodio is done. Went into final J in 3rd place. Didn't know the Alps don't extend to Poland apparently. I think he took a dive.

I believe I could've beaten all three of them tonight. They missed a number of easy ones.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And Amodio is done. Went into final J in 3rd place. Didn't know the Alps don't extend to Poland apparently. I think he took a dive.

I believe I could've beaten all three of them tonight. They missed a number of easy ones.
Have you taken the test for the show?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Have you taken the test for the show?
Yep. I have many categories I'm terrible at (e.g. Euro royals, current pop singers, mythology, et.al.), and I've had those the couple times I did the quiz. But the categories last night were pretty much in my wheelhouse.

I had a friend who did get on was leading, and blew the final question, but I knew the answer was "Suriname". Dude was super smart, but that became an ongoing punchline ;-)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I mentioned this before, but when I was UConn Jeopardy was broadcast early, like 3 or 4, prior to the 7PM broadcast. A buddy of mine and I would watch it early, and then low key answer the questions, always shrugging it off as being easy questions. Sometimes I'd answer, sometimes he'd answer, sometimes we'd simultaneously answer. People were like "OMG you guys should go on the show!" and we'd just shrug it off.

Good times.

Reaction Score

Basically the question came down to Czech or Austria, maybe Hungary. Poland was such a bizarre answer for a guy of Amodio's caliber it was fishy

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I got 6 of 10 on this, missed a really easy one.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
And Amy Schneider goes down.

Final Jeopardy: What is the only country whose name in English ends with an H? It's also one of the 10 most populous.

Reaction Score

Final Jeopardy: What is the only country whose name in English ends with an H? It's also one of the 10 most populous.
Bangladesh?

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Swear to God I had a feeling that Rhone was going to take her down as soon as I saw his name. I lost some confidence when I first heard him speak, but damn he did it.

I also loved that Amy chose the NFL category as her first (and I was happy that I swept it; how could they miss Unitas?!?)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I also loved that Amy chose the NFL category as her first (and I was happy that I swept it; how could they miss Unitas?!?)
Especially by answering "Namath".

I think Rhone has good buzzer skills. Or Amy was slow on the take tonight. He ripped through quite a few answers that were normally gimmes for Amy.

Anyway, should be a fun ToC between her and Amodio. And I'm looking forward to the day when another All-Time Champ game comes along and James competes against Amy with Ken as host.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Swear to God I had a feeling that Rhone was going to take her down as soon as I saw his name. I lost some confidence when I first heard him speak, but damn he did it.

I would have guessed "What is Chinah?"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom