2023 Recruiting: - Jayden Ross can shoot | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Jayden Ross can shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not expecting him to start next season or anything like that (have to be realistic), but I wonder if he'll be ready to contribute as a designated shooter off the bench.

UConn signee Jayden Ross puts on shot-making clinic

In the final game of the night, Long Island Lutheran took on Bishop Walsh quickly jumped out to a big lead and maintained largely thanks to the performance of UConn signee Jayden Ross.

The 6-foot-6 wing put on a shot-making clinic, showing off an improved and smooth shooting stroke.

Whether off the catch or pull, whether open or with a hand in his face, Ross just had his jumper going connecting on 6-of-7 from behind the arc.

By the time the final buzzer sounded, Ross had tallied 24 points, eight rebounds, two-assists, one-block and one-steal on 9-of-10 total shots from the field.

He also has a younger brother, Jacob Ross, that is a prospect to know in 2025 who showed an impressive feel for the game and while he didn't score, his ball skills and passing shined, adding five assists.

Reaction Score
6'7 180, elite perimeter shooter, 3-star recruit, to me, equals a very valuable four-year piece.

Can't wait for him to join the team next year!
If Andre and/or Alleyne comes back next year, I don’t think Ross gets any minutes in year 1. I agree that he’s a 4 year guy, but if he can run the floor and hit threes like this then maybe he can earn some freshman minutes

Reaction Score
Always great to have shooters who can get their shot off--Using dribble penetration... Looks like Jayden is comfortable with the ball in his hands or catch and shoot.. We need that skill in our bag of tricks.

Reaction Score
I was down on him probably more than anyone when we signed him, but the strides he has made since going to LuHi have been pretty remarkable. He has really hit the weight room, and benefitted from a quality program. Excited to see his potential.

Reaction Score
I think most of us look at him as the 4/5 best recruit in the 2023 class. IF he can keep progressing like this, he will find his way on the court way sooner than expected. ESPECIALLY if we lose the players I think we will lose after this year.

Reaction Score
I think most of us look at him as the 4/5 best recruit in the 2023 class. IF he can keep progressing like this, he will find his way on the court way sooner than expected. ESPECIALLY if we lose the players I think we will lose after this year.
It's funny, this post makes me think about how us as high-major basketball fans naturally rank prospects based on their national rankings, but most programs don't have the luxury of comparing 247 rankings, etc.

For example, it's interesting when mid-majors have recruiting classes with a mix of higher recruited guys and under the radar guys and then see who steps up when.

For example, Siena's 2021 class featured two three-star recruits: Thailand Owens and Javion McCollum. Owens, the highest ranked recruit (#236), has yet to carve out a role while McCollum is arguably the best guard in the MAAC. Their classmate, Jared Billups, was unranked, but started 17 games as a freshman and every game this season.

In summary, as Aaliyah once said A prospect's ranking ain't nothing but a number...

Reaction Score
It's funny, this post makes me think about how us as high-major basketball fans naturally rank prospects based on their national rankings, but most programs don't have the luxury of comparing 247 rankings, etc.

For example, it's interesting when mid-majors have recruiting classes with a mix of higher recruited guys and under the radar guys and then see who steps up when.

For example, Siena's 2021 class featured two three-star recruits: Thailand Owens and Javion McCollum. Owens, the highest ranked recruit (#236), has yet to carve out a role while McCollum is arguably the best guard in the MAAC. Their classmate, Jared Billups, was unranked, but started 17 games as a freshman and every game this season.

In summary, as Aaliyah once said A prospect's ranking ain't nothing but a number...

Im not one to rely on the rankings too much. Too many times ive seen a guy get a duke or kentucky offer and automatically increase 30 spots. Matt Painter from Purdue once had a great interview clip talking about how skewed the rankings are. Never forget Vital was the least heralded recruit in his UConn class.

pj

Reaction Score

Game got suspended when Tarik Watson of Roselle Catholic collapsed on the court and was wheeled off on a stretcher in the second quarter. Best wishes to Tarik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom