Jaybird ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Jaybird ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Sorry about the late ThoughtZ™ post. went to bed the minute it was over, as I had to get up at 5 this morning, and couldn't that some time to make sense out of my game notes got home tonight.

1. Not looking good early. Consecutive missed threes. Kansas living at the line. Why do we seem to start slow? Is it becoming a trait that other teams can gameplan for?
  2. Newton getting bumped and hacked every time he touches the ball. Obviously, they've identified him as our most potent threat.
  3. Newton's 3 attempt at about 12:40 there were zero Huskies inside the 3 pt line. Just 4 white shirts.
  4. We are using just about the whole shot clock on every possession. Kansas on the other hand is using about 8 seconds on most trips.
  5. Spencer needs to stop jacking up long shots. Don't know if the toe is contributing, but he's not even coming close. And when was the last time he went one of three from the line? He's just off.
  6. Clingan's first FG comes with 5:33 left in the half.
  7. At the half, Newton has 16 of our 31 points. No triple double coming tonight. 0 boards and a single dime. Not his fault. Nobody he passes it to can make a shot.
  8. No Husky other than Clingan (2) and Newton (5) made more than 1 FG in the first half.
  9. 2nd half, we got back into it a bit, but couldn't seem to get closer than a 2 point deficit. For quite a stretch.
  10. First lead of the game. 47-46 with 10:46 left.
  11. 50-47. Where would we be tonight without Newton?
  12. How can Karaban complain about that last foul call? When you saw the replay from the end line, it was obvious that all he got was arms.
  13. I did NOT want Spencer to take that last attempt with 5 seconds left. I know that he's statistically our best long range threat. But last night, he was 1 for 7 from deep. I'd have rather had a triple teamed Newton take that last three than Cam.
  14. When we went ahead of them and got our lead up to 5 with about 9 minutes left, I thought we were going to pull off the victory. But in the end, we came up short. Somehow, it didn't bother me as much as it would have if we never took the lead.

Reaction Score
  1. Why do we seem to start slow? Is it becoming a trait that other teams can gameplan for?

Seems like this stopped being true a while ago. Last night Kansas gets the credit for that, but the idea of this being a slow starting team doesn’t seem like it’s true anymore.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Seems like this stopped being true a while ago. Last night Kansas gets the credit for that, but the idea of this being a slow starting team doesn’t seem like it’s true anymore.
I'd have to go back and review the videos, but I seem to recall we had one game where we started on fire, and several where were started slow.

Reaction Score
Sorry about the late ThoughtZ™ post. went to bed the minute it was over, as I had to get up at 5 this morning, and couldn't that some time to make sense out of my game notes got home tonight.

1. Not looking good early. Consecutive missed threes. Kansas living at the line. Why do we seem to start slow? Is it becoming a trait that other teams can gameplan for?
  2. Newton getting bumped and hacked every time he touches the ball. Obviously, they've identified him as our most potent threat.
  3. Newton's 3 attempt at about 12:40 there were zero Huskies inside the 3 pt line. Just 4 white shirts.
  4. We are using just about the whole shot clock on every possession. Kansas on the other hand is using about 8 seconds on most trips.
  5. Spencer needs to stop jacking up long shots. Don't know if the toe is contributing, but he's not even coming close. And when was the last time he went one of three from the line? He's just off.
  7. At the half, Newton has 16 of our 31 points. No triple double coming tonight. 0 boards and a single dime. Not his fault. Nobody he passes it to can make a shot.
  8. No Husky other than Clingan (2) and Newton (5) made more than 1 FG in the first half.
  9. 2nd half, we got back into it a bit, but couldn't seem to get closer than a 2 point deficit. For quite a stretch.
  12. How can Karaban complain about that last foul call? When you saw the replay from the end line, it was obvious that all he got was arms.
  13. I did NOT want Spencer to take that last attempt with 5 seconds left. I know that he's statistically our best long range threat. But last night, he was 1 for 7 from deep. I'd have rather had a triple teamed Newton take that last three than Cam.
  14. When we went ahead of them and got our lead up to 5 with about 9 minutes left, I thought we were going to pull off the victory. But in the end, we came up short. Somehow, it didn't bother me as much as it would have if we never took the lead.
Number 12, perhaps because he was brutalized twice in possessions just before. Refs allowed brutalizing our guys and touch fouls for them. By the way, bilas disagreed with you

Reaction Score
Saw a number of shots by us with no one making an effort to get in rebounding position. Just jogging back on defense. Very surprised.

Reaction Score
Enjoy your post Z. Defense is everything and we got outdefensed.

Reaction Score

Same with me on 14.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom