Jana acclimating to life at UCONN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jana acclimating to life at UCONN

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think "Cleopatra" is going to be really, really good. :D

Reaction Score
Former North Dakota boy here. Back in January of 2016, enjoyed three straight days of -60 below with wind chill. On day touched -70. it was a special time!
it was nearly as brutal as the temps in July 2006, almost two straight weeks of 100+ above. Warmest day got to a paltry 112 on my way to pick my daughter from camp in Baker, MT.
Yeah, it was really, really warm. Many fond memories!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
From the UConn WBB Weekly blog -
"This is all for her development, all for her getting acclimated,” Auriemma said. “So she’ll have this whole semester, June, and then our August trip so by the time September, October comes around, it’s not like your typical, normal freshman coming in.”

Anyone know where UConn is traveling this summer?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It should not be a surprise that Dorka quickly reached out to Jana to make her feel welcome and get her settled.

We have seen all season the bond this team has. They support each other. It is a sisterhood. Or to quote Alexander Dumas and his Musketeers - One for all and all for one.

Or listen to Caroline's post game clip. These girls pull and support each other.

Jana is in great hands. And she is really into being a Husky!!!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Another article:
"I was overwhelmed at first, but everyone is helping me," she said. "I mean like the coaches, the staff like my teammates, they help me a lot with everything, even in school. ... But I didn't feel like I was alone, or I didn't know what to do because my teammates were here next to me like all the time and the coaches and everyone that’s helping me."

Juhász remembers how hard it was for her when she first moved to Ohio from Hungary. She battled homesickness and struggled with working around time differences to talk to her family."

"She's adjusting super quickly and she's a great kid. I think she fits perfectly into our team," Juhász said of El Alfy. " … I think UConn is doing an amazing job of like, helping through these processes and especially that we have so many internationals like it's good to have somebody to rely on and you're not the only one. But I mean, it's also good to see that UConn loves international players … I think we're all very grateful for it. I think, you know, everybody's in our corner."

Reaction Score
August trip? Croatia? France? Portugal? Egypt? Italy (of course, but not necessarily for BB reasons)? A country or two which Geno has identified that have excellent prospects for the future Huskies?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom