Jamie Dixon | The Boneyard

Jamie Dixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was questionable but I am pretty sure Jamie would have signed up for a contested 35 footer in a heartbeat and that's what Cuse got, they just made it.

Reaction Score
The guy is so tight at the end of close games, it's just sad. He was sitting in his chair with zero belief that Zana would make either free throws, the big fella calmly knocks them both down and Syracuse looks flustered about to attempt an inbounds and then boom he calls a timeout. There is absolutely a reason Pitt is Pitt.

Reaction Score
It was questionable but I am pretty sure Jamie would have signed up for a contested 35 footer in a heartbeat and that's what Cuse got, they just made it.

It wasn't very contested. If you call time out there, you do it to say "we're doubling Ennis so he doesn't get the ball". That's the only possible reason to call a time out.

Reaction Score
What an absolute buffon.

Cuse has no TOs, but hey lets give them one by calling a TO with 4 seconds left so they can set up a play.

There is a reason why Pitt is Pitt
Dixon is smart enough to know he is a terrible in game coach... That's why he always schedules as many cupcakes as possible to always make it seem the team is better than they actually are (something cuse knows all about as well)

Reaction Score
It's gonna be a battle when Pitt and Cuse likely hook up again at MSG in a month. Cuse fans must be jacked.

Reaction Score
selles said:
It wasn't very contested. If you call time out there, you do it to say "we're doubling Ennis so he doesn't get the ball". That's the only possible reason to call a time out.

I don't agree with the timeout but the result was not due to the timeout. Ennis hit a 35 foot pull up jumper. It was contested but a pull up jumper is virtually unguardable. He shot that ball earlier and from further out than he needed to. Again, as I said in another thread, I would have preferred Cuse not have a chance to regain their composure, but that shot was not guardable.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with the timeout but the result was not due to the timeout. Ennis hit a 35 foot pull up jumper. It was contested but a pull up jumper is virtually unguardable. He shot that ball earlier and from further out than he needed to. Again, as I said in another thread, I would have preferred Cuse not have a chance to regain their composure, but that shot was not guardable.

I agree that the shot was not guardable. That's why you don't double him at half court, you double him on the inbounds. Pitt pretended they were going to do that, then backed off and didn't contest Ennis getting the ball. That was silly.

Reaction Score
The timeout was bad but not the difference. The kid hit a difficult shot not usually made.

Pitt lost it on the 2nd (or 3rd) to last possession when they didn't score. Then later they foul Ennis. That whole sequence looked like the ugly Pitt I remember.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Every time they showed the beasts in the student section I felt better about the fact Pitt was going to choke away another one.

Reaction Score
If there is a silver lining, it's that Pitt won't be able to leapfrog us in the polls and in projected seeding. But wow.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
My old man said, well F Cuse but at least the Pitt fans got ducked at home haha

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What's with Dixon's hair?
It's a combover from front to cover the top bald spot. Calipari has a similar intricate arrangement going on now.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Dixon still looks like he's straining to take a dump on the bench.
images

Reaction Score
It seems like it is a different color. Looks like a squirrel's tail.

Reaction Score
And you guard the inbounds pass. Make them throw it over or bounce pass. I call the play Dixon called, the "hope" defense. I hope the shot doesn't go in.

Yep. Once in a while it goes in. I say it's better than letting Cuse run the ball down quickly and possibly getting a 10' open chipper or forbid a layup to win the game. Everyone is on Dixon for the TO because Ennis hits an unlikely "hope" shot. But if he doesn't TO and Cuse runs down to a mess of a defense and lays one in to win than everyone would have killed him for that. Best odds are that this scenario is practiced and the kids know what to do but I don't think that's realistic. I take the hope odds and call the TO. Nine out of ten times Ennis misses that shot.

Reaction Score
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ug-gottlieb-talks-cuse-creighton-wichita-sdsu

Worth a listen for anyone who tries to justify the TO....there is no justification

Reaction Score
It's gonna be a battle when Pitt and Cuse likely hook up again at MSG in a month. Cuse fans must be jacked.
Why MSG they are in the ACC, they play down south

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
That Pitt loss to Butler in the 2011 tourney came up in the other thread -- there were some strange calls, sure, but it was so obvious how Dixon tightened up down the stretch. You could see it in his face, just like the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom