James Bouknight Released | Page 8 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight Released

Reaction Score
I don’t know what he will do or where he ends up but I doubt he is going to invest and live on that.

Reaction Score
I remember a pro saying one could find drugs anywhere adding "And that includes Salt Lake City!"
And the other end of the spectrum “woke schools”, too ah the wonderful state of Utah.

Reaction Score
This trajectory was foreseen from the first day his name came up in draft convos. I wish him the absolute best but longevity in the league was never in the cards for him. Hopefully he’ll score a good gig overseas.

Reaction Score
Bigger NBA disappointment, Thabeet or Bouknight?

Thabeet was obviously drafted much higher but I personally thought he’d struggle in the pros due to rumblings I had heard about his personality and work ethic.

Bouk was drafted lower but he seemed to be oozing with talent as he was leaving UConn. I genuinely thought he’d explode at the next level.
Bouknight. At least Thabeet avoided legal trouble.

Reaction Score
Thibs hates young guys as is, let alone ones with maturity issues. Not to mention being home in NYC would be horrible for Bouk.

The Knicks are probably the last place he'd benefit from going.

Reaction Score
Do you by chance watch basketball? Can you point me in the direction of the guys who lead teams to NCAA titles and then get jobs at insurance companies?

I watch UCONN basketball and oddly enough all the teams we had that won rings, had NBA talent on them. Weird!
This reminded me. Yes, absolutely need NBA talent and players who play well together. The first (great how we have to distinguish between so many) championship team had Rip, Jake and Khalid, and Khalid only played one year in the Association. Kevin Freeman, Ricky Moore, Edmund Saunders, Albie Mouring, Rash Jones, Soulman...all key contributors who excelled at the college level. Calhoun coaching that squad, the determination all around, truly an amazing run ultimately defeating the program which just collected talent from the McD's all-american pool. But I digress.

Love to see the ultra-talented guys but I also hope someone like Castle stays another year. I think the benefits of possibly staying too long outweigh leaving too early. Hopefully Bouk seeks help because there is no shortage of top earners in the UConn Syndicate.

Reaction Score
I don’t know what he will do or where he ends up but I doubt he is going to invest and live on that.
The additional burden is his posse. What he could support the last few years, he likely won’t be able to going forward. That might be a good thing because as long as the posse remains, it will be difficult to make the necessary changes.

caw

Reaction Score
Overall for me it's still Wemby and then Chet for rookie rankings, just over the last 3 weeks Miller has been playing pretty well and looks the part of a future elite wing after people tried to dunk on the Hornets for drafting him over Scoot Henderson.

Scoot is still probably the better draft pick overall but Miller has made it a conversation. Biggest issue with Miller right now is that he is a pretty putrid defender and his assist rate and A/TO ratio are both pretty bad. Scoot can't shoot/finish well and is also a bad defender. Of course Miller is a year and a half older than Scoot (who just turned 20).

This rookie class is really deep and solid overall (especially if Chet is included).

Reaction Score
No, he also had firearms in his car so police did not engage him while he was in his car because of fear he would use the weapons. So they surrounded him and he tried to escape.
Thanks for the info; now the story makes sense. [now, if only the Courant had included that]

Reaction Score
Thibs hates young guys as is, let alone ones with maturity issues. Not to mention being home in NYC would be horrible for Bouk.

The Knicks are probably the last place he'd benefit from going.
Agree, playing for a NYC team won’t work for James.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom