James Bouknight Released | The Boneyard

James Bouknight Released

Reaction Score
Man, I can't believe it. Truly thought he was the chosen one to come out of the Hurley era at Uconn. He still can carve out a high earning career overseas if he wants to go that route. I still will keep my eyes on him and how he does because he made me fall in love with our team again

Reaction Score
He was Hurleys first big athlete although gaffney was seen as the prize on paper. Now it’s athlete and character, or more so, maturity. I lived bouk. Wished and wished especially since my boys loved him and saw his big alley oop here in NC. Then to have him drafted here like sooo many other UConn stars but it just never clicked. Hopefully getting cut shows it’s a lot more than talent in any pro league.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he gets picked up by an organization that isn't totally dysfunctional but I doubt it. He could still make a ton of money over in Europe

Reaction Score
He was Hurleys first big athlete although gaffney was seen as the prize on paper. Now it’s athlete and character, or more so, maturity. I lived bouk. Wished and wished especially since my boys loved him and saw his big alley oop here in NC. Then to have him drafted here like sooo many other UConn stars but it just never clicked. Hopefully getting cut shows it’s a lot more than talent in any pro league.
I’m pretty sure Bouk was rated a lot higher than Jalen

Reaction Score
Per basketball reference, he had the 6th highest win share per 48 minutes on the team. Hopefully he gets picked up because it felt like he was starting to become an NBA player

Reaction Score
Yeah that comment was not at all based on reality.
I was at one of the coaches events before their freshman year and he said Bouk would make the NBA and Gaffney could make it.

Reaction Score
He had his chances and didn’t perform. At this point just have to hope that someone takes a chance on picking up a young guard that had lottery talent a few years ago. Then he’d have his final chance to stick in the league

As always I wish him the best and would love to see him play well and have a long NBA career

Reaction Score
It's hardly a given in 2024 that someone who washes out of the NBA goes onto have success in Europe. It's a much different game over there, and Bouk doesn't really strike me as a guy who'd excel in that type of setting.

Maybe he goes to China, but does he want to? Too bad he doesn't have eligibility, because in the NIL era, college is the perfect spot for guys like him.

Reaction Score
Not surprised. Hopefully someone picks him up now or during the offseason another team signs him. The best he can probably expect is a two-way prove-it-to-us contract during the offseason.

It's unfortunate that the first guy Hurley sent to the NBA from UConn was a knucklehead. Some on here will probably defend him but he's been a knucklehead since he got to UConn and never matured enough. He's talented but it takes more than talent to make it in the NBA. Hoping this is his wake-up call.

Something to ponder, would Hurley take him today? Back then he had no choice but listening to Hurley talk about what he looks for in recruits now, Bouknight doesn't seem to fit that narrative.

Reaction Score
I can’t say im surprised. The pro game is so different from the non pro levels. At this point he needs to grind. Hard.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Was he the guy who got kicked out of the stands while attending a UConn game? Had a feeling...
1707437739319.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom