2024 Recruiting: - Jalil Bethea Offered | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Jalil Bethea Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bethea has been a major priority for Cuse for a long time. Took an official there last fall. If he signed with the good guys, SyracuseFan would riot. Athletic, with a seriously quick release. Reminds me a lot of Hawkins, but more solidly built. Has a bucketload of offers, including Kansas, who offered a few weeks ago. Wouldn’t be an easy get, but I’d love to snag him.

Reaction Score
Same high school as Rahsool Diggins. Not sure if that helps our case or not…

Reaction Score
From his twitter he has a ton of offers from big schools no dook ky or nc. Hopefully he saved the best for last.

Reaction Score
Shout of to @Storrs South for this nugget:

High volume, and fairly consistent too. Had one 0/7 game to start the season and shot 49% from deep in the next 7 games. High volume too--just over 6 attempts per game.

Over 4 FT attempts per game too, so he's not one dimensional. About half bis shots are from 2.

Ya'll know how much I like shooters. Sign me tf up

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Seems like exactly what we will need. Hopefully he becomes a Husky. Any word on who's leading with him?

Reaction Score
High volume, and fairly consistent too. Had one 0/7 game to start the season and shot 49% from deep in the next 7 games. High volume too--just over 6 attempts per game.

Over 4 FT attempts per game too, so he's not one dimensional. About half bis shots are from 2.

Ya'll know how much I like shooters. Sign me tf up
Feel the same about shooters. It made so much of a difference this year. The modern game requires it for consistent success.

Reaction Score
My superrrr preliminary thoughts... if this kid is a reasonable target for us, we need to go all-in on him like we have Ahmad Nowell. Bring home the Team Final boys. He's an absolute BALLER.

First up this absolutely bananas finish at the rim. Looks like he's playing 2k.

I'll try to watch some full-games if we pursue him more in the coming months. Archbishop Wood always has tons of game film available.

What I see:

• Pretty good size and frame. Very skinny now, but with another year of HS and some college S&C I think he'll be fine. Looks like Hawkins in HS right now. Definitely needs to bulk up to survive a college season, but he's gotten noticeably bigger in the last 6 months.
  • Shooting form is very wonky... inconsistent funky scissors with his feet and it's a push. But if the thing is dropping, who cares. I think he'll probably work on slowly raising his release point.
  • Handles aren't bad. Not elite, but servicable as far as I can tell in highlights. Better than Hawkins at the same stage.
  • Shoots moving, left, right and off the dribble. Very good thing for college. I expect he'll want to work on speeding up his shot (same as Karaban).
  • Shooting # in high school and EYBL are legitimately elite. Seems to shoot from corners, wing, top... anywhere.
  • Not much of a left hand. Basically not going left at all.
  • Not sure about passing #s, but plenty of high-level passes in his HS highlights. Potential is there to be a cog in the offense.
  • Good active off-hand when he's driving. Looks like he has a rip over and a running back tuck in his bag.
  • I'm impressed with his body control when he pulls up.

Definitely want to see his defense, rebounding, etc. this weekend at EYBL. I'll update y'all.

Pangos Highlights

JALIL BETHEA "BLACKED OUT" in his season opener and SHOT THE LIGHTS OUT!!! 27 Pts

Jalil Bethea Two Game Highlights

Reaction Score
"I feel I am an underdog," Bethea said on his performance. "Nobody knew who I was a year ago. That is why I am playing on the level that I am. I am trying to get my name out there."

Reaction Score
"I feel I am an underdog," Bethea said on his performance. "Nobody knew who I was a year ago. That is why I am playing on the level that I am. I am trying to get my name out there."

Like I said, chip on shoulder. Kid is a DOG.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
My superrrr preliminary thoughts... if this kid is a reasonable target for us, we need to go all-in on him like we have Ahmad Nowell. Bring home the Team Final boys. He's an absolute BALLER.

First up this absolutely bananas finish at the rim. Looks like he's playing 2k.

I'll try to watch some full-games if we pursue him more in the coming months. Archbishop Wood always has tons of game film available.

What I see:

• Pretty good size and frame. Very skinny now, but with another year of HS and some college S&C I think he'll be fine. Looks like Hawkins in HS right now. Definitely needs to bulk up to survive a college season, but he's gotten noticeably bigger in the last 6 months.
  • Shooting form is very wonky... inconsistent funky scissors with his feet and it's a push. But if the thing is dropping, who cares. I think he'll probably work on slowly raising his release point.
  • Handles aren't bad. Not elite, but servicable as far as I can tell in highlights. Better than Hawkins at the same stage.
  • Shoots moving, left, right and off the dribble. Very good thing for college. I expect he'll want to work on speeding up his shot (same as Karaban).
  • Shooting # in high school and EYBL are legitimately elite. Seems to shoot from corners, wing, top... anywhere.
  • Not much of a left hand. Basically not going left at all.
  • Not sure about passing #s, but plenty of high-level passes in his HS highlights. Potential is there to be a cog in the offense.
  • Good active off-hand when he's driving. Looks like he has a rip over and a running back tuck in his bag.
  • I'm impressed with his body control when he pulls up.

Definitely want to see his defense, rebounding, etc. this weekend at EYBL. I'll update y'all.

Pangos Highlights

JALIL BETHEA "BLACKED OUT" in his season opener and SHOT THE LIGHTS OUT!!! 27 Pts

Jalil Bethea Two Game Highlights

That 360 finish at the rim reminded me of the grace Bouk had in the air. Can you imagine a guy with the finishing ability of Bouk with a legit 3 point shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom