Jalen Gaffney's steady hands | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney's steady hands

Reaction Score
Player of the game for me was Gaffney. Pretty sure he logged the most minutes alongside Bouknight. For the most part, the half court offense ran through his steady hands, passing and penetration, and overall ball movement, of which he played a vital role. I don't recall seeing him turn the ball over. His defense was mostly excellent from what I saw.

Fairly sure this is the starting lineup going forward; Hurley doesn't mess around with it too much.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He is a point guard in every sense of the word. Cole is more of a Boatright where he’s 5’10” so you put him at the point but he’s really a 2 guard. Both good players but I don’t like them on the court together.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
I agree he played well and the dude doesn't turn the ball over. But he gets beat on defense way too much. If he can improve his d we are in good hands.

Reaction Score
Just me or did Gaff get blown by quite a few times?
Yes a couple times in 36 minutes, he also had a block. He’s all hustle and played his heart out.

Reaction Score
Player of the game for me was Gaffney. Pretty sure he logged the most minutes alongside Bouknight. For the most part, the half court offense ran through his steady hands, passing and penetration, and overall ball movement, of which he played a vital role. I don't recall seeing him turn the ball over. His defense was mostly excellent from what I saw.

Fairly sure this is the starting lineup going forward; Hurley doesn't mess around with it too much.

His defense wasn’t good at all. They got to the hole at will vs him and fortunately missed a couple in the first half. He doesn’t turn it over so that’s good, he made his FTs which is good so one end he was fine. Certainly not the player of the game. His defense will put a lot of pressure on the others if he doesn’t improve. And the reason he and Cole can’t play much together is because Cole isn’t a ton better on the D end either. This was CCSU and UHar our defense overall needs to get a ton better to be any good in the BE not just these 2.

Reaction Score
I would also like to know the scouting report for the game. Hartford had the reputation as being a good 3-point team. Maybe the plan was trying to force them into tough mid range shots. The mid range shot is a lost art for many players, especially at the college level. That was a great thing about watching RIP when he was at UConn. He had it coming in and it made him a special layer. I would like to see Bouk get just a little better here because it could really be an asset with teams ready to collapse and cut off his penetration in future games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom