Jalen Brunson final 8 | The Boneyard

Jalen Brunson final 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Made his top 8 number one true PG in 2015. plays down the street from me hell of a player.

That said we probably have to start putting in a little more effort, Michigan, Michigan st, and Illinois are all over him.

Reaction Score
First I've heard of him.. interested to see who the next domino is for us

Reaction Score
We don't need another combo guard need a true point. But brunson probably isn't coming here. That said I would still love Adams he looks awesome.

Reaction Score
We don't need another combo guard need a true point. But brunson probably isn't coming here. That said I would still love Adams he looks awesome.
he is the best pure point guard in the class, I don't know what you're talking about

Reaction Score
Made his top 8 number one true PG in 2015. plays down the street from me hell of a player.

That said we probably have to start putting in a little more effort, Michigan, Michigan st, and Illinois are all over him.
Looks like he cut Illinois, but MSU and Michigan are still there.

EDIT: Scratch that, I guess they are still in. Never saw that logo for Illinois before.

https://twitter.com/jbcrossover5/status/462653159089778688

BmusmDnCcAEYvF_.jpg

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I thought Turtle Jackson played some point as well? In saying that I would love to see UCONN land a Brunson or Adams and then a big man or two.

caw

Reaction Score
I thought Turtle Jackson played some point as well? In saying that I would love to see UCONN land a Brunson or Adams and then a big man or two.

Turtle does but he's kind of a combo guard.

Brunson, Adams, Newman, Trier or Briscoe. Any of them would be major gets and would all fit with Ali and Turtle.

Reaction Score
I like brunsons game/pedigree. Cassell jr and Brunson in the backcourt? But Adams

Reaction Score
Here's a question for whoever wants to take a stab at it. Who would you rather land, the most talented of the group or one that's more likely to stick around longer but is still very talented and a good fit?

As much as I'd like to land the most talented recruits, I want ones that will stick around at least 3 years. Now of course none of us have crystal balls, but the recruits that jump early tend to be the ones that are showing the most talent, have some aspects of their game that translates well to the NBA and are the most physicality ready for the League.

Hopefully the NBA changes its eligibility to two years of college. I probably wouldn't mind having a couple two year players once in a while, and am okay with a one hit wonder if that recruit can put us over the top. I just don't want UConn to turn into kentucky 2.0.

Reaction Score
As far as what type of guard to add to the Turtle and the Prince, I think it's a no-brainer to add another Kemba or Bazz type combo guard. KO, and frankly I, like having a number of versatile players who can play more than one position well. IMO, having a pure PG, if one such really exists, doesn't always translates to winning it all at the college level. I guess it all depends on what your definition of a pure point guard is. I like having guards that can break down their man off the bounce and know when it's the right time to drive, shoot or pass the ball. I like guards who can create space and knock down jump shots within and beyond the arc, and are capable of driving to the basket and finishing at both midrange and at or around the rim.

So of the list of guards KO is reciting, which one best fits the need?

Reaction Score
1. Jalen Adams
2. Malik Newman (only because he's 1-and-done)
3. Jalen Brunson
4A. Allonzo Trier
4B. Isaiah Briscoe

If this becomes a classic UConn recruitment where 1-4 go elsewhere and UConn "settles" for Briscoe, I expect Briscoe to be POY nationally in 3 years.

Brandon Jennings and Tyreke Evans in 2008 = Kemba Walker
Josh Selby, Corey Joseph, Joe Jackson, Brandin Knight, Phil Pressey, Doron Lamb in 2010 = Shabazz Napier

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
Any of those 5 guys could be 1-done. I'm OK with one or two guys that may be one and done types a year as long as they play in the system and listen to Ollie.

I mean would anyone turn down:
2015: Newman
2016: Battle
2017: Waters (not likely 1-done right now)

All while hopefully having Samuel, Ali and Turtle grow and stabilize the backcourt (assuming they don't blow up).

That said I do like Adams, Newman, Trier, Brunson, Briscoe in that order.

Reaction Score
His dad was very close to becoming a Husky if I remember correctly………choosing Temple instead. He looks like him actually……...

Reaction Score
Rick Brunson was one of the assistant coaches last year for the Bobcats under Dunlap. I'm sure he knows Kemba and UConn very well.

Reaction Score
Jalen Brunson is a hell of a player. He is a true PG, he's heady and can control the pace of the game, love the pedigree (makes me feel old too). But Adams is a great player as well; ans so are Trier and Briscoe. I'll take whoever puts ten toes in first.

Reaction Score
1. Jalen Adams
2. Malik Newman (only because he's 1-and-done)
3. Jalen Brunson
4A. Allonzo Trier
4B. Isaiah Briscoe

If this becomes a classic UConn recruitment where 1-4 go elsewhere and UConn "settles" for Briscoe, I expect Briscoe to be POY nationally in 3 years.

Brandon Jennings and Tyreke Evans in 2008 = Kemba Walker
Josh Selby, Corey Joseph, Joe Jackson, Brandin Knight, Phil Pressey, Doron Lamb in 2010 = Shabazz Napier

No arguments here. Just an additional thought; who's to say we don't already have that guy in next year's class. If you're going by the "rankings" then Prince and Turtle are right in that range. Our coaching staff and ability to devlop plus a guy with talent and a chip on his shoulder. Worked before.

Reaction Score
No arguments here. Just an additional thought; who's to say we don't already have that guy in next year's class. If you're going by the "rankings" then Prince and Turtle are right in that range. Our coaching staff and ability to devlop plus a guy with talent and a chip on his shoulder. Worked before.

I don't honestly think the guy who comes in late when everyone else has turned UConn down turns into a star. I was just pointing out that it has happened that way the last two times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom