Jaden Ross? MIA | The Boneyard

Jaden Ross? MIA

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Perhaps I've missed something..but what is up with Jaden Ross?....No PT at all?... injured? or worse?

Reaction Score
He’s our most impressive athlete in lay up lines by far. Next year he should get his opportunity

Reaction Score
From the New Haven Register game article:

Freshman Jayden Ross was unavailable to play on Wednesday due to an illness. The 6-7 forward is averaging 0.8 points and 0.9 rebounds in 12 games this season.
Did they need to include the last line?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Said it in the post-game thread, but in the little we've seen of Ross, he plays a lot more like a big guard who can get downhill and attack the paint than a traditional forward. I don't know how he is distributing, but his game is a little more like Castle's than I expected.

That makes me think Dan is crazy like a fox. Castle's gone, but Ross, who does some similar things is there at the 3. Stewart offers a lot of what Karaban offers. Dan's sense of roster construction may be his best attribute.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Said it in the post-game thread, but in the little we've seen of Ross, he plays a lot more like a big guard who can get downhill and attack the paint than a traditional forward. I don't know how he is distributing, but his game is a little more like Castle's than I expected.

That makes me think Dan is crazy like a fox. Castle's gone, but Ross, who does some similar things is there at the 3. Stewart offers a lot of what Karaban offers. Dan's sense of roster construction may be his best attribute.
Ross used to be a PG before his growth spurt. He probably has to keep working on his handle but he does seem to have plenty of guard ability and decision making.

For him it’s just about how good does he and the staff see him being because all the tools are there.

Reaction Score

Wish Alex would take Stewart under his wing and teach him to cut. No slight intended; Karaban's cutting and smarts are world class.

Reaction Score
I hope the best for this kid as I'm sure like others he needs to make his bones in practice. I'd like to see him next year assuming he's still here.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wish Alex would take Stewart under his wing and teach him to cut. No slight intended; Karaban's cutting and smarts are world class.
When Stewart and Solo play in a mix with the starters they are tentative on their cuts and off ball movement. In the three to five minute blow outs where the second unit is in without starters and when the Glou is in instead of Hassan the off ball movement is quite different with better cutting and constant flow similar to the starters. I use those minutes judging the development of the freshman.

UConn has arguably the five best starting lineup in the country balance wise. Injuries has prevented that lineup from playing together for a good part of the season unfortunately necessitating they play together in practice and games as much as possible during this stretch of the season.

Reaction Score
I think a line-up of Hass, Ross, Ball, Stewart, Johnson is a tournament team. I hope we get to see them together all next year

Reaction Score
I think a line-up of Hass, Ross, Ball, Stewart, Johnson is a tournament team. I hope we get to see them together all next year

Hopefully we get at least one elite transfer who can start next year and another quality transfer to come off the bench. That young line-up you posted won't keep us at the level we have grown accustomed to the last two seasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom