Jackson Mitchell | The Boneyard

Jackson Mitchell

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> … And there was Mitchell on Saturday, linking past, present and future at Rentschler Field, which was mostly filled, with 25,527, and no one moving toward the exits. Time and again, he was in the right place at the right moment, bursting through the middle sack the quarterback and kill one Boston College possession in the third quarter, intercepting a pass, forcing a fumble and recovering another in the fourth quarter as UConn’s defense, once considered one of the worst in history shut down an ACC opponent to clinch the 13-3 victory, the most satisfying victory these fans had seen in ages.

“That’s how you leave a legacy right there,” Mora said. “You come up with those kinds of plays in the fourth quarter when your name’s Jackson Mitchell.” <-

-> “Anytime you go through ups and downs and grind it out and finally reach that success, it makes it feel that much sweeter,” Mitchell said. “And to do it in Connecticut, where I’m from, is huge. I think this is just the start, really, just a start for me and for this entire defense and team. This win is going to start a new chapter in UConn football, I think. ... For anyone in New England, Connecticut, this is going to be the place to be soon. Right now, it’s the place to be. We’re about to do something really special here.” <-

Reaction Score
Jackson Mitchell is a ball hawk. Absolutely love him. I always cheer for local talent. Let’s also acknowledge Watts and Yates who were incredible on the defensive line as well as Mal Bell, who did an awesome job after taking over the coverage assignment on Flowers. Great job by our defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom