It's finally happened. | The Boneyard

It's finally happened.

Reaction Score

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What most folks don't realize is that Toni has been playing football against boys since she began playing football as a pre-teen. There are no girls youth football leagues that I know of). She's been playing and matching up with them (and obviously holding her own) for years.

How will she perform, we'll have to wait and see. It takes a certain amount of "toughness" to play college football. A toughness and dream I don't expect very many females have. I wonder who will be the first quarterback to throw her a "pick"? Whoever it is, he will be hounded and teased mercilessly by his teammates. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Congratulation: Step Dad. You make ME happy when you feel for this young woman getting this opportunity. One small step for WOMEN; one BIG step for Mankind.
Shoulder to shoulder we men and women can march fruitfully toward our future selves.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I thought women were supposed to be smarter than men.
You thought. That's where most of us men go wrong.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Whitlock and Wiley on the Story:

Just watching the highlights that are shown in this video, have to question should she have been awarded a scholarship.

JordyG

Reaction Score

Just watching the highlights that are shown in this video, have to question should she have been awarded a scholarship.

She's too small? She'll get hurt while being a tool of the feel good media machine? Didn't we hear the same things about Tyler Murray and Russell Wilson? From what I see in the highlights, she's earned a spot on the Central Methodist University roster, an NAIA team. Talk about pandering alarmists. To heck with Whitlock, Wiley, and the rest.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
From what I see in the highlights, she's earned a spot on the Central Methodist University roster, an NAIA team. Talk about pandering alarmists.
Then you really don't know anything about football.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Then you really don't know anything about football.
Thank you. What a relief. Coming from you I consider that a compliment. i can now receive and die.

Reaction Score
I wonder how the kicker Becca Longo is doing these days. Hope she makes it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Thank you. What a relief. Coming from you I consider that a compliment. i can now receive and die.
Facts is facts. And you're welcome.

By the way receive what?

JordyG

Reaction Score
Facts is facts. And you're welcome.

By the way receive what?
In the catholic religion before your death your priest comes to receive your final confession. I also believe that a conglomeration of facts, some of which are irrelevant and misapplied, does not make a statement or a position true.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What are the Title IX implications of this? Since Football is a coed sport does that mean there no longer needs to be offsetting female sports? Do we go player by player? Can men now earn a scholly to a traditional female sport like field hockey? Not sarcasm, I just see some issues that will have be sorted out.

Regardless, congratulations to this kid. Being a college athlete is a big deal and it is hard to do. It's even harder if you have challenge stereotypes and preconceptions to get there. Congrats Toni!

(Toni Harris is a good "football name.")

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In the catholic religion before your death your priest comes to receive your final confession.
Ah sorry, Protestant.

I also believe that a conglomeration of facts, some of which are irrelevant and misapplied, does not make a statement or a position true.
Facts is facts.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Ah sorry, Protestant.

Facts is facts.
I am too protestant. Southern Baptist, father was a deacon, Sunday school for years, catholic instruction, Jehovah Witness instruction.

UConn has won 11 championships. Louisville has won none. Cows give milk. Therefore ND cannot win a championship again this year. Facts are just that. Facts.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
What are the Title IX implications of this? Since Football is a coed sport does that mean there no longer needs to be offsetting female sports? Do we go player by player? Can men now earn a scholly to a traditional female sport like field hockey? Not sarcasm, I just see some issues that will have be sorted out.

Regardless, congratulations to this kid. Being a college athlete is a big deal and it is hard to do. It's even harder if you have challenge stereotypes and preconceptions to get there. Congrats Toni!

(Toni Harris is a good "football name.")
Title IX mandates equal number of total scholarships, so the impact is one less scholarship for a woman on some other team or one more for a man on another team, provided the relevant team hasn't hit its total scholarship cap already. That's it, no more, no less. Whether men can join women's teams is unrelated to Title IX. That has to do with the relevant sport's collegiate governing body's rules (for example, D1 sailing is a co-ed sport). So from that standpoint, she's a pebble in a vast ocean. But she's still making waves. =)

Reaction Score
She's too small? She'll get hurt while being a tool of the feel good media machine? Didn't we hear the same things about Tyler Murray and Russell Wilson? From what I see in the highlights, she's earned a spot on the Central Methodist University roster, an NAIA team. Talk about pandering alarmists. To heck with Whitlock, Wiley, and the rest.

These guys broke it down. As an X-college football player and High School NY Allstate player, this is a phony story. No scholarship for 3 "questionable" tackles.... LOL If you played you would know what they are saying is spot on and this young lady would get hurt in real life playing against young men in college.

JordyG

Reaction Score
These guys broke it down. As an X-college football player and High School NY Allstate player, this is a phony story. No scholarship for 3 "questionable" tackles.... LOL If you played you would know what they are saying is spot on and this young lady would get hurt in real life playing against young men in college.
Well, time will tell. I'll keep you and the doubters in mind. Let's however note, this is not D1 or D2. This is a NAIA team against marginal competition. I think all of the naysayers should take the level of competition in mind.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom