ITM, Hawk continues to fly high | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ITM, Hawk continues to fly high

Reaction Score
impressed with his passing in the first half of this Nuggets game, Nuggets have been doing a good job of running him off the 3pt line and trying to take his space away but JH has been putting it on the floor and making the right reads
I love this kid, man. I’ve sincerely never rooted harder for a player. The league is currently so tailored to the type of game be plays.

Kid is gonna be insane.

Reaction Score
hawk got some shine on the bill simmons podcast the other day.

in terms of comps, bill had kerry kittles.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Joker with video game numbers against Pels last night.

26 pts
14 boards
18 assists

Reaction Score

26 pts
14 boards
18 assists
IMG_2978.gif

Reaction Score

26 pts
14 boards
18 assists
I was looking at Hawk's statline and I saw he had 4 assists, and I was like nice! Then I looked at the Pels starters and they ALL had a bunch of assists. A really good sharing of the ball in a win over a really good team, I was impressed. Then I looked and the Nuggets had even more assists as a team. But I was looking through and it didn't seem to add up compared to the Pels. Jokic had 10 and the rest of the team didn't have that many. Then I realized the 0 was really an 8 and it was an 18 and I made the Pikachu meme face in real life.
Surprised Meme GIF

Reaction Score
I was looking at Hawk's statline and I saw he had 4 assists, and I was like nice! Then I looked at the Pels starters and they ALL had a bunch of assists. A really good sharing of the ball in a win over a really good team, I was impressed. Then I looked and the Nuggets had even more assists as a team. But I was looking through and it didn't seem to add up compared to the Pels. Jokic had 10 and the rest of the team didn't have that many. Then I realized the 0 was really an 8 and it was an 18 and I made the Pikachu meme face in real life.
Surprised Meme GIF
The Pels are a really good offensive team when they share the ball.
But they have this habit of going long stretches of 1v1 taking nothing but tough contested long 2's. Very annoying.

Reaction Score
The Pels are a really good offensive team when they share the ball.
But they have this habit of going long stretches of 1v1 taking nothing but tough contested long 2's. Very annoying.

I think this is because of Zion. He doesn't seem to have an interest in winning, and it leaks to the rest of the team. You can see when he starts with his BS, everyone else just starts playing like crap too.

Ingram can be questionable too, but it doesn't feel as bad.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
... Nuggets have been doing a good job of running him off the 3pt line and trying to take his space away but JH has been putting it on the floor and making the right reads
So opponents are game planning for Hawk already. Respect!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I think this is because of Zion. He doesn't seem to have an interest in winning, and it leaks to the rest of the team. You can see when he starts with his BS, everyone else just starts playing like crap too.

I wonder if Zion will play tonight. He hasn't played back to back yet. He certainly isn't my pick to build your team around.

Reaction Score
Jokic with 26/16/18 in the loss. He's taking on more of the scoring burden without Murray and his shooting pecentages are a little down. Tough sleding and Denver will need more depth if they want to repeat. He's just a ridiculously amazing player.

Reaction Score

I loved this guy his freshman year at Duke, he's made himself really hard to root for so far in the NBA. I haven't written him off yet but he needs to change his attitude.

Reaction Score
Jokic with 26/16/18 in the loss. He's taking on more of the scoring burden without Murray and his shooting pecentages are a little down. Tough sleding and Denver will need more depth if they want to repeat. He's just a ridiculously amazing player.
Guy is insane. Also De’aaron fox has turned it up a level from last year, which is incredible. Him and Haliburton have been amazing.

Reaction Score
Starting to goth against TWolves without Zion, and they are up in 4th Q, and Hawk has 11pts/3assts/1rb. Consider the fact that he is going to get better, he pretty much locks up this record. I am salivating over the prospect what he can do after one season play and offseason S&C in NBA:

Reaction Score
I loved this guy his freshman year at Duke, he's made himself really hard to root for so far in the NBA. I haven't written him off yet but he needs to change his attitude.
Write him off. All you liked was his dunks over undersized competition. He’s never done anything else on any level. He’s not a leader. He’s not a crunch time or clutch performer. He can’t stay healthy. All he does is dunk really well. Write him off. You’re being bamboozled.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Zion will play tonight. He hasn't played back to back yet. He certainly isn't my pick to build your team around.

I just went back to take a look at that draft class. There have only been 3 players selected to an all star game in the entire 2019 draft class. Zion who you could argue hasn’t really earned it over a season yet and Ja who is a coin flip away from being another Josh Gordon or another player who just couldn’t get out of his own way.

I wonder where you’d put him in that draft if not number one? Darius Garland is probably the only safe bet in a redraft for #1

caw

Reaction Score
Starting to goth against TWolves without Zion, and they are up in 4th Q, and Hawk has 11pts/3assts/1rb. Consider the fact that he is going to get better, he pretty much locks up this record. I am salivating over the prospect what he can do after one season play and offseason S&C in NBA:

Note that it has taken him 13 games to get up 100 threes. He is 36/100 on the dot. That is an outrageous amount to get up as a rookie per game at 7.7 a game. Ray Allen (albeit in a different era) had exactly one season with a higher per game average taken from three at 7.8.

Reaction Score
With his warm-up complete, Hawkins and Pelicans executive Swin Cash took two courtside seats behind the basket for an impromptu study session. Together, they watched every shot Stephen Curry attempted during his pregame shooting routine.

Awesome!

Reaction Score
Nice plug for Hurley and UConn:

That ensuing summer, Hawkins prepared for a different kind of responsibility. Those upperclassmen were moving on, and coach Dan Hurley insisted he would be essential to UConn’s success. That’s when Hawkins knew he needed to change his mentality. He started to mold himself into the fearless shooter that he’s become today.

“I feel like that second year of college really helped me. Other guys come into the league young. I had an extra year to mature and really be ‘that guy’ (at UConn),” he said. “It was on me to hit my shots. I knew that was what my team needed from me. If I didn’t make one, I had to make the next one or I lose. Having that extra year in college helped me develop that mindset.”

That development work led to a breakout sophomore season in which Hawkins finished second on the team in scoring (16.2 points) as the Huskies went from being unranked in the preseason to winning a national title.

caw

Reaction Score
Nice plug for Hurley and UConn:

That ensuing summer, Hawkins prepared for a different kind of responsibility. Those upperclassmen were moving on, and coach Dan Hurley insisted he would be essential to UConn’s success. That’s when Hawkins knew he needed to change his mentality. He started to mold himself into the fearless shooter that he’s become today.

“I feel like that second year of college really helped me. Other guys come into the league young. I had an extra year to mature and really be ‘that guy’ (at UConn),” he said. “It was on me to hit my shots. I knew that was what my team needed from me. If I didn’t make one, I had to make the next one or I lose. Having that extra year in college helped me develop that mindset.”

That development work led to a breakout sophomore season in which Hawkins finished second on the team in scoring (16.2 points) as the Huskies went from being unranked in the preseason to winning a national title.

Not sure if anyone saw the end of the Pelicans/TWolves game. Ingram missed "that shot" at the buzzer and the Pels lost. Hawkins was the first person to run to put an arm around his shoulder. Dude knows about pressure on both sides.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom