It’s time to make a statement | The Boneyard

It’s time to make a statement

Reaction Score
I know, I know, doomed and we only care about banners in April and all that — but being ranked No. 1 is an achievement and it’s actually fun to celebrate our program along the way. If our guys take care of business today, this is going to be a big day for this program.

Not only did the rest of the top 6 all lose this week, but today’s game is at noon on big FOX when there is nothing else going on in the sports world. That means every snowed-in sports fan across the country (and AP voter) is going to be sitting on their couch watching these Huskies, many for the first time.

So here’s my ask: If you are going to the game today, let’s start a LOUD “We’re No. 1” chant every moment down the stretch and when the clock runs out. I’m talking 16,000 UConn fans screaming at once to remind every college hoops fan (and AP voter) just who the top program in the country is right now and who better be sitting atop the Top 25 at noon tomorrow — I’ll give you a hint: it ain’t friggin’ Purdue.

I know @XLCenterFan will be down. I’m counting on you, any students who read this board and everyone else who will be getting rowdy in Hartford with me while we crush the Hoyas today to make this happen. Let’s Go!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Wire-to-wire is so boring; I'd rather scrap for it. I don't want everyone to know UConn is best, I want them all to be gradually forced to that painful conclusion. They more the voters hate on us now, the more I'm going to enjoy watching us claim #6.

Reaction Score
Wire-to-wire is so boring; I'd rather scrap for it. I don't want everyone to know UConn is best, I want them all to be gradually forced to that painful conclusion. They more the voters hate on us now, the more I'm going to enjoy watching us claim #6.
I actually share your view, but, logically, doesn't it imply that the most satisfying season would be one where you go 0-31 then win your conference tournament and the natty? Or is there some ideal middle ground?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I know, I know, doomed and we only care about banners in April and all that — but being ranked No. 1 is an achievement and it’s actually fun to celebrate our program along the way. If our guys take care of business today, this is going to be a big day for this program.

Not only did the rest of the top 6 all lose this week, but today’s game is at noon on big FOX when there is nothing else going on in the sports world. That means every snowed-in sports fan across the country (and AP voter) is going to be sitting on their couch watching these Huskies, many for the first time.

So here’s my ask: If you are going to the game today, let’s start a LOUD “We’re No. 1” chant every moment down the stretch and when the clock runs out. I’m talking 16,000 UConn fans screaming at once to remind every college hoops fan (and AP voter) just who the top program in the country is right now and who better be sitting atop the Top 25 at noon tomorrow — I’ll give you a hint: it ain’t friggin’ Purdue.

I know @XLCenterFan will be down. I’m counting on you, any students who read this board and everyone else who will be getting rowdy in Hartford with me while we crush the Hoyas today to make this happen. Let’s Go!
I got you boss. Sir yes sir. What about @gampelcrazies ? He told me he’s crazier than me at Gampel AND XL. Time to show and prove.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
BE games are always big. Classic BE matches a little bigger. Ed Cooley returning after mouth running even bigger. Possible number 1 on the line? HUGE.

Reaction Score
I'd love to make a statement without Cling Kong- if would give me warm and fuzzies which would be nice about now.

Reaction Score
I’ll bring the energy from section 115
Same
IMG_2981.gif

Reaction Score
Hope the jinx isn't in, I feel pretty good about an easy blowout today.

The calm demeanor against Xavier in the 2nd half was great to see, sure it got dicey but it was on the road in a tough environment.

I guess this Hurley guy can win close games, who knew.

Reaction Score
Just win, baby. Any and all times, any and all places.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, I want to be 31-0. I just want a steady parade of basshats saying "but you haven't played ____ yet". Knocking them all down in succession is where I find my joy.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Kansas beat down of #9 Oklahoma, having the same record as us, and beating us gets them back to number one. We’ll be 2.
Worst case come Monday, we should move up 1 spot to #3 with the Houston loss. Baby steps. I’m fine with that for now. Let’s just crush Georgetown. We don’t need to be chanting anything. That strikes me as desperate and classless.

Reaction Score
I actually share your view, but, logically, doesn't it imply that the most satisfying season would be one where you go 0-31 then win your conference tournament and the natty? Or is there some ideal middle ground?
On a side note, would that type of season be viewed as a success? Asking for a friend..

Reaction Score
Didn't really make a statement, but probably did enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom