It’s lining up again | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It’s lining up again

Reaction Score
I think Zona and Marquette are flipped if Zona beats MSU today, other than that I think this is spot on. KU is not going to fall as hard as some people think, a loss to #4 but a win against #7 makes for a minimal drop, even if the eye test says they’re not as good as rankings would indicate. I’d rather be the lower ranked team going into that game anyways.
Agree. But would like to see that big digit next to us for the first time in a while. It’s been like 15-20 years right? Was 04 our last number 1 ranking?

Reaction Score
For some reason the voters love Kansas more than us.
Pretty much everyone did to start the season, and the beat up on everyone except Kentucky, who they still beat. It was a reasonable take when we lost Jackson, Hawkins, and Sanogo.

There's just no way that they're going to stay ranked above us with a 14 point loss.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Agree. But would like to see that big digit next to us for the first time in a while. It’s been like 15-20 years right? Was 04 our last number 1 ranking?
I think we were ranked #1 at some point in 09. We were like 24-1 or something like that before Dyson went down.

Reaction Score
I think we were ranked #1 at some point in 09. We were like 24-1 or something like that before Dyson went down.
We were also #1 a bunch in 2006. In 2009 we were #2 from the pre-season poll until New Years. Then we reached #1 February 2 and held it for 3 weeks. Then regained it March 2.

It would be nice to see that #1 next to our name during the regular season again.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
On one hand, I felt a bit bad for Edey in that NCAA game. Whenever he got the ball, he scored yet his guards decided to lay bricks instead of pass to him. OTOH, I can't forget the bartender wearing a Purdue shirt the week we're both undefeated. I said while wearing my UConn polo, "Hey, it's you and us, one and two!" He says, "I prefer to think of it as just one." So Purdue can't get their balls stomped on enough to suit me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On one hand, I felt a bit bad for Edey in that NCAA game. Whenever he got the ball, he scored yet his guards decided to lay bricks instead of pass to him. OTOH, I can't forget the bartender wearing a Purdue shirt the week were both undefeated. I said while wearing my UConn polo, "Hey, it's you and us, one and two!" He says, "I prefer to think of it as just one." So Purdue can't get their balls stomped on enough to suit me.
He was referring to the amount of times they've made the tourney finals.

Reaction Score
We were also #1 a bunch in 2006. In 2009 we were #2 from the pre-season poll until New Years. Then we reached #1 February 2 and held it for 3 weeks. Then regained it March 2.

It would be nice to see that #1 next to our name during the regular season again.
Research!!!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

It’s been awhile since the golden years of the 2000s where we were just a powerhouse in college hoops. Love that we get to have those very high expectations again.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yes!!!! And that beat down of Louisville I think capped it.
Crazy because I was looking into this season and saw that game. And couldn’t find highlights to it ANYWHERE. There’s not many highlights of that regular season anywhere outside of the individual player highlights.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom