It’s fun to compare | The Boneyard

It’s fun to compare

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
UConn vs itself. (Our 5 other titles) they’re like my children. If I had 5. Who can pick a favorite. They’re all special in their own way.

Interesting to wonder how these head/head matchups might have played out if eras crossed:

Clingan vs Emeka?
Adama vs Oriahki?
Khalid vs Tristen?
Castle vs Ben?
Shabazz vs Taliek?
Castle vs Rip?
Jake vs Emeka?
Boone vs Alex?
Rashad vs Cam?
Kemba vs Tristen?

Another Question and one I’d like to run thru one of those game simulators for results, is the 2024 Huskies vs the Repeat Gators Champs. How do you see that contest unfolding?

Lastly, this staff really seams remarkable. Future HOF Hurley. Mr Storrs, Tom Moore, a master recruiter, Luke the offensive game planning savant. Kimani the inspirational tactician. I bet KHunter, wishes he hadn’t left the Nutmeg state.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Posted near midnight. Who’s got thoughts/

GemParty

Reaction Score
Need some discussion-

Reaction Score
It isn't only about 1 on 1 match ups. What makes 24 so great is they can literally shut down any great offense for long stretches. Illinois, Alabama, and Purdue were some of the best offensive teams. Castle gets beat 1 on 1? Say hello to Cling Kong.

Look at 99 as well, really awesome defense too with Ricky, and then solid Jake and Kevin

GemParty

Reaction Score
I think you should change the name of the thread. ;)
I’m not sure you can change thread titles. Maybe? Any suggestions-

Reaction Score
We held one of the country’s leading 3 point offenses to 7 attempts and 1 made. But this is like grandkids, which one do you like better? In following this program I’ve never seen offense run so well resulting in the team blowing out opponents to varying degree.

Reaction Score
UConn vs itself. (Our 5 other titles) they’re like my children. If I had 5. Who can pick a favorite. They’re all special in their own way.

Interesting to wonder how these head/head matchups might have played out if eras crossed:

Clingan vs Emeka?
Adama vs Oriahki?
Khalid vs Tristen?
Castle vs Ben?
Shabazz vs Taliek?
Castle vs Rip?
Jake vs Emeka?
Boone vs Alex?
Rashad vs Cam?
Kemba vs Tristen?

Another Question and one I’d like to run thru one of those game simulators for results, is the 2024 Huskies vs the Repeat Gators Champs. How do you see that contest unfolding?

Lastly, this staff really seams remarkable. Future HOF Hurley. Mr Storrs, Tom Moore, a master recruiter, Luke the offensive game planning savant. Kimani the inspirational tactician. I bet KHunter, wishes he hadn’t left the Nutmeg state.
I’d shad vs Joey c. Cam is better than Rashad

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
2004 had the most talent, 2024 played the best ball, 2023 had the most depth, 2011 had the best story, and 2014 had the steepest hill to climb.

1999’s still the best, though. Put all 6 of our teams in a tourney and I’m picking the OGs.

GemParty

Reaction Score
2004 had the most talent, 2024 played the best ball, 2023 had the most depth, 2011 had the best story, and 2014 had the steepest hill to climb.

1999’s still the best, though. Put all 6 of our teams in a tourney and I’m picking the OGs.

I agree as a fan, we’ve won EVERY way possible emotionally.

Great but dog in Final upset 99
Wire to wire Best. 2004
Unexpected
#1 overall seed
Back/back
6-0 in title games
Longshot to win
3 different Coaches

I think we need an undefeated season next.

Reaction Score
Elite offense from all 5 starters. Elite Defense front court and back court. Elite rebounding. Steamrolled the tourney by 140 points. It is why ESPN has been drooling all tourney long like they haven't done since the Duke Invitational.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
bathroom peeing GIF

I think you should change the name of the thread. ;)

Reaction Score
Watched field of 68 the other day with Hummel and Goodman. Hummel made a point I liked when referring to UF vs UConn in the hypothetical. It's better to look back after a few years to see how the NBA careers turnout. I imagine Steph Castle becomes everything wr imagine he will and will be looked back upon as the catalyst for number 6

Reaction Score
2024 is not only the best ever UConn team it's the best college basketball team I've ever seen. Been following the sport since 1988.

Reaction Score
UNLV 91 team that lost imo the greatest team I've ever seen, followed by Duke 99. Uconn 24 I would probably sandwich in the middle for me.

But since both teams didn't win the ring, most people here would rank 24 ahead of both those teams.

Reaction Score
Watched field of 68 the other day with Hummel and Goodman. Hummel made a point I liked when referring to UF vs UConn in the hypothetical. It's better to look back after a few years to see how the NBA careers turnout. I imagine Steph Castle becomes everything wr imagine he will and will be looked back upon as the catalyst for number 6
I dont like looking at NBA careers on stuff like this. I mean, Hawkins is an NBA lottery pick, and should have a long professional career. Cam Spencer in 2024 is unequivocally a better college player Hawkins in 2023, and was largely an upgrade at the 2. How they do at the next level doesnt really change that.

Reaction Score
2024 is not only the best ever UConn team it's the best college basketball team I've ever seen. Been following the sport since 1988.
The media, ESPN agree with this. Not sure I've seen guys like Bilas, Greenberg, Jay Williams drool over a team like this.

Reaction Score
I dont like looking at NBA careers on stuff like this. I mean, Hawkins is an NBA lottery pick, and should have a long professional career. Cam Spencer in 2024 is unequivocally a better college player Hawkins in 2023, and was largely an upgrade at the 2. How they do at the next level doesnt really change that.
Agreed, it is irrelevant in terms of what they did at Uconn.

Reaction Score
1. 2004
2. 1999
3. 2024
4. 2023
5. 2011
6. 2014

The 99 vs 04 debate is always a fun one. I still think they're clear 1 and 2. But gap between 2 and 3 (2024) isn't that large. I lean 2004 strictly because the talent on the bench is just so good. 6 NBA guys and that doesn't count Rashad, Denham or Taliek. I'd put 2004 head to head with any team in the history of the sport.

Reaction Score
Why compare? 2011 and 2014 and 2023 not expected Made those even more enjoyable. This year and 2004 was win or bust.

Reaction Score
I think this is the biggest mistake people make in judging college teams. There are many great college players that were not great NBA players, and vice versa. Their success in the NBA has nothing to do with how good they were in college or how important they were to their college team. Also, having a cohesive team where everyone fills their roles and plays unselfishly for the success of the team is rare. This 2024 UConn team is a perfect example of that.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
UNLV 91 team that lost imo the greatest team I've ever seen, followed by Duke 99. Uconn 24 I would probably sandwich in the middle for me.

But since both teams didn't win the ring, most people here would rank 24 ahead of both those teams.
I guess you could call those teams the best teams that didn't win. The greatest I’ve ever seen? Not close. They lost to lesser teams. We won. We are the better team

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Clingan vs Emeka?
Adama vs Oriahki?
Khalid vs Tristen?
Castle vs Ben?
Shabazz vs Taliek?
Castle vs Rip?
Jake vs Emeka?
Boone vs Alex?
Rashad vs Cam?
Kemba vs Tristen?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom