2020 Recruiting: - Ismael Massoud (Wake Forest transfer) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Ismael Massoud (Wake Forest transfer)

Reaction Score
I may be one of the few here but I actually like Massoud. Brooklyn native, knows the program, was ranked between top 70 and top 150 as a recruit.

-solid shooter from 3 off the bench
-6’8” guard is something Hurley would like, guard that can see the floor
-ability to block shots

he’s a work in progress but something Hurley can work with.

Reaction Score

Good to see players stick around for Forbes. Really curious how he does at Wake.

Reaction Score
He played with Bouk and Springs in HS, solid player in limited minutes as a freshman last year and shot 40% from 3
Went to see their HS team play.
He was the best player on the team that day, like him

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Noticed that Rutgers & Harvard were among his original final five along with Az. State and others. I have not seen him rebound or display any sort of consistent physicality but he does what he does, and that's shoot the rock. He seemed off a bit this year. I wouldn't mind us reaching out given that he's a 6'8" shooting forward. I'll see if I can find tape of him from this year doing something other than shooting.

Reaction Score
Noticed that Rutgers & Harvard were among his original final five along with Az. State and others. I have not seen him rebound or display any sort of consistent physicality but he does what he does, and that's shoot the rock. He seemed off a bit this year. I wouldn't mind us reaching out given that he's a 6'8" shooting forward. I'll see if I can find tape of him from this year doing something other than shooting.
Sounds like a perfect replacement for BE 6th man then

Reaction Score
Sounds like a perfect replacement for BE 6th man then

I’m a Wake grad and Wake is my second favorite team (born and bred a UConn fan growing up 20 minutes away). Massoud had a promising freshman year but had a really weird season this year. Has a good outside shot but also VERY streaky and sort of like Polley, doesn’t do much else if he isn’t hitting from the outside. Also sort of needs to be “the man”. I think he could be a good fit if he agreed to a certain role, but he often played a very selfish brand of basketball this season and am not sure if he’d willfully accept the role we’d want him for. Not a definite “no”...but again, would prefer to wait things out a bit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom