Isaiah Whaley is back!, thread cleaned up | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley is back!, thread cleaned up

Reaction Score
Yes! I think Springs will play more than he did last year. Even without IW, he would have gotten no more than 20 mpg anyways.

Reaction Score
Obviously just my opinion here, but... I think Samson gets the minutes over Springs by January. He's just as unpolished as Akok was coming out of HS but the length and versatility got Akok what 30 mins a game?

Samson will be missing that half a redshirt year, but profiles a pretty similar way.

The only freshman I'd bet money on getting 20+ minutes a game is Hawkins though.

Different circumstances. Akok was coming in to replace a front court that the year prior played Eric Cobb, Kassoum Yakwe, and Josh Carlton. By the time he was eligible the only front court players were him, Whaley, Springs, and Carlton.

Now Samson is coming into a situation where you already have BE DPOY Isaiah Whaley, Akok, Adama Sanogo, and Richie Springs.

That's a significant upgrade in competition. If it was 2019, I would pencil Samson in for 10-15 minutes, but based on who is in front of him I don't see it.

Reaction Score
Glad Isiah is back as expected. Looking forward to Isiah focusing his eyes on just over the rim when taking shots/layups around the basket.

Reaction Score
Loved Whaley’s progression throughout his time at UConn. But does anyone also think by end of next season he won’t even be starting? It could easily be Sanago(clear cut starter) and Akok Akok or even Johnson depending how he plays. I don’t want Whaley coming back to lead to potentially losing Johnson next year by transferring due to frustration of lack of minutes. We also have Richie Springs who might want to transfer now due to lack of minutes. Would love to hear other people’s thoughts on this.

Reaction Score
Hard to overstated the impact on our frontcourt depth.

He needs to keep working on that outside shot.

Hurley said we played too much with two traditional bigs and it bogged down our offense.

I expect to see more Akok at the 4, with Whaley losing some minutes and playing more as a smallball 5.

Reaction Score
Have to imagine our front court is set now. Sanogo, Whaley, Akok, Johnson, Springs is a strong 5. And Martin is capable of playing the 4 too
Not to be the turd in the punchbowl but someone isn't going to be happy about Whaley returning. It definitely helps the team with next season though.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Beautiful. Now just give me Polley.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Heard similar things about Sanogo. Samson is a ridiculous talent. He will make an impact next season.
And if he continues to work on his outside shooting he will surely get time.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
band whale GIF

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm hearing that he is holding out unless and and until every adopts "DaggerTreyTy" as his name.

People are upset because he will end up with a career 3 point percentage above rashad.

me ? I love rashad, but I just want to win now and if that means Tyler’s career stats are better than rashads, I’ll live with it.

Reaction Score
Give me polley back as well and Locke up a transfer and were good to go!
Beginning to think this is the case. And Kolek as a backup to Locke if we don’t land him.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
People are upset because he will end up with a career 3 point percentage above rashad.

me ? I love rashad, but I just want to win now and if that means Tyler’s career stats are better than rashads, I’ll live with it.
If we win a National Championship next season you can compare them all you want.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom